UKC

Is this used MTB good value?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Y Gribin 01 Dec 2016
I being offered a Cube Reaction RX 2010, essentially this:
http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/2010-cube-reaction-rx-185inch-frame

It was around £1300 new and I'm being offered it for £450. It is in excellent condition and I know has only been lightly used and well looked after. I like the fact it only weights 10.5kg. I want to use it for long tracks and some mountain approaches....nothing too serious.

Does it seem a fair price, or would the money be better spent on something new from Decathalon?
 Luke90 01 Dec 2016
In reply to Y Gribin:
Quite a bit has changed since 2010. Some of that will just be change for no good reason but some significant progress has been made. Clutch derailleurs, for example, are an awesome step forward and I don't think you'd be able to put one on an old 9-speed bike.

I don't really keep up with bike prices but my instinct is that the price is a bit steep for a 2010 hardtail, even a nice one that's still in good condition. I suspect used is still the way to go at that price point, but I'd look for a better deal.
Post edited at 19:28
 ChrisJD 01 Dec 2016
In reply to Y Gribin:

I had a look at ebay sold listings and one of these 2010 RX models went for £425
 wbo 01 Dec 2016
In reply to Y Gribin: I think it's an ok deal, not fantastic, but good enough and likely better than what you'll get for the money new. And you know the history.

I'd look at some other options, but that's cause I really like 29's

OP Y Gribin 01 Dec 2016
In reply to Y Gribin:
Many thanks for your help everyone - think I'll keep looking. Thanks again.
Post edited at 21:17
 balmybaldwin 01 Dec 2016
In reply to Y Gribin:

Not good value I'd say. It's too old at 2010 to retain that sort of value and clearly that photo is the original new listing...

For contrast I'm about to put up for sale for about £1500 a late 2012 XT/XTR Lappierre X-flow 712 with Dropper post, range of spare rotors of differing sizes XT Clutch mech frame protector, spares (tyres / pads) fully serviced and new cassette/chain.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...