UKC

Cheaper Champagne

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 04 Dec 2016
I don't drink Champagne in general, but I thought that I would get some this Christmas.
So I went to Sainsbury's where currently Piper Heidsick non-vintage which is supposed to be £30 per bottle is £19, and if you buy 6 bottles it is £14.25 per bottle.
The deal ends when the shop closes at 4pm.
This Champagne was top in a Which magazine evaluation of more standard brands of Champagne in the latest magazine.
I'm just writing this to let anyone know who might want to buy bubbly for Christmas.

Of supermarket brands, Sainsbury's came top of the Which tests, with their Blanc de blancs Champagne.
 Big Ger 04 Dec 2016
In reply to veteye:

Don't you realise that there are poor people, people for whom Christmas drinks may mean a bottle of white lightening or a can of Stella?

How dare you come on here touting "cheap Champagne"! What are you a Tory toff or something?!?!?

Jimbo C 04 Dec 2016
In reply to veteye:

Cheaper Champagne = Cava (or Prosecco if you want to push the boat out)

Tastes better too
 ian caton 05 Dec 2016
In reply to veteye:

Lidl champagne very drinkable.

I can recommend doing champagne tasting on the way to euro lime. Good fun.
 Babika 05 Dec 2016
In reply to veteye:

I think Aldi Cava won the blind taste test last year on Martin Lewis's show. I buy the brand labels if taking as a gift as folk think you're a cheapskate otherwise, but i genuinely think a lot of the Spanish Cava tastes better.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...