UKC

VIDEO: Forever - It ain't over til it's over

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Jan 2017
Forever, 4 kbThis passionate group of four climbers has a collective age of over 300 years. Ranging from age 63 to 83, Blondie, Rudi, Horst and Herwig climbed together in the halcyon days of youth and remain friends and climbing partners today, spending time training together at the world-renowned bouldering gym, Café Kraft, in Nuremberg, Germany.

In this video, the four climbers share their love for climbing and their inspirational motivation to keep on doing it 'Forever.'

Read more
 simoninger 03 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Very cool indeed, hope that's me when the time comes. Not too long now!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 03 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

It is a warming video and great to see the old guys still at it, but I think when I can't climb out doors I'll call it a day,

Chris
 Paul Troon 03 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Absolutely brilliant very inspiring
Paul
 iknowfear 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Chris Craggs:

they climb indoors to keep in shape. They still go outdoors.
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent video. Looks a great bouldering venue with beer! :0)
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 03 Jan 2017
In reply to iknowfear:

> they climb indoors to keep in shape. They still go outdoors.

Ah- OK. For some reason I got the impression that they just did 'indoors' now,

Chris
 iknowfear 03 Jan 2017

maybe that was lost in translation...

Cheers,
 Paul Troon 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Christheclimber:
> Excellent video. Looks a great bouldering venue with beer! :0)

The boardroom near Chester had beer the last time I went
Paul
Post edited at 20:55
CruxProblem 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Christheclimber:

Every climbing hall that I have visited in Germany sells beer
 Michael Hood 03 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News: Inspiring, I feel so young

Really nice to hear them speaking their own natural tongue.
Words of wisdom too.
Smart young folk will benefit enormously from listening to the wisdom of guys like this.
Maybe old age and wisdom will become fashionable again.
Removed User 05 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I'm 75 this year. I can tell you that as you get older you have to work at keeping fit more- I do weight training, flexibility and balance work as well as swimming, in addition to my scrambling, hill walking (solo) and climbing wall. Your body remembers how to do moves and using the climbing wall you can learn more gymnastic techniques. Yes, you become slower than in your youth but if you don't allow yourself to become unfit, and if you avoid injuries (take longer to recover) there is not a massive difference. One problem is highlighted in the video- difficulty in finding climbing partners- just someone to belay me on the wall for instance. As a woman I have to work hard at keeping muscles built up- men seem to have an advantage here. We all get old (if we are lucky), it's what you want to do about it, that's all! Climbing makes me happy.
 JR_NL 05 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Heck, Blondie is climbing harder than I am... and he's 83!
 GridNorth 05 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Inspirational. I'm 69 and I reckon I've got a few years in me yet and this video helps. I managed a few 6c+'s in Kalymnos in October and I saw plenty of others of similar vintage climbing equally well if not better than me. The climbs were 7a in my old guide but they have been downgraded in the latest edition

Al

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...