UKC

Beinn an Dothaidh up-to-date topo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DannyC 13 Jan 2017
Hi,

Has anyone got an up to date (or even fairly recent) topo for Beinn an Dothaidh? If so, if you can email it to daniel_carden(AT)hotmail.com it would be REALLY appreciated.

The Ochills MC topo which was linked to the logbooks page doesn't seem to be working now sadly. I've done a few routes in there, and really like the place, but I know there's been quite a bit of activity in the IV-VI range by some familiar names on here since the last guidebook was available. It'd be good to have a crack at some of those.

Any help appreciated! Thanks,

Danny.
 IanMcC 13 Jan 2017
In reply to DannyC:
I'll try to get the OMC website guy to reactivate the link
It's in the members' section of the website
Post edited at 16:35
OP DannyC 13 Jan 2017
In reply to IanMcC:

Brilliant, thanks Ian. That's really helpful.

May give it a go there tomorrow so if anyone has a copy available this evening that'd be wonderful.

Cheers,
D.
 Fiona Reid 13 Jan 2017
In reply to DannyC:

Can't help with a topo but if you by any chance find at bulldog on the rocks at the top of Stairway to Heaven it's likely mine. I couldn't find it last night and suspect that's where we left it back in November!

I'll happily offer beer tokens if it returns to me. If someone does find it I can tell you the sling colour etc. I can't remember but it may even have a tough tag with my details on it.

Have a great day tomorrow
 Fiona Reid 13 Jan 2017
In reply to DannyC:

I found the following link on the Wikipedia page for the hill! I think this is the jpg you're after:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110728084647/http://www.ochils.com/component/...
OP DannyC 13 Jan 2017
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Yes Fiona! Thanks very much for that. That's a BIG help. (Although I think even more may routes have been done since)

Not planning Stairway to Heaven but we might be round that area so will have a look about at the top just in case.

Ta v much,

D.
 Fiona Reid 13 Jan 2017
In reply to DannyC:
Many thanks, if the bulldog is up there it will be on the flat section at the top of all those routes to the right (looking up) of West Gully etc. We were sitting there in the sun having lunch. I suspect it somehow camouflaged itself when we packed up.
Post edited at 18:16
 IanMcC 13 Jan 2017
In reply to DannyC:

Glad you got it, it is now in the members' section of OMC website. Have a good day- no avalanche chasing!
 Erik B 16 Jan 2017
In reply to DannyC: RE your email looking for topo, thats the same topo on the Ochils MC page. cheers

Pids 16 Jan 2017
In reply to DannyC:

Did you go in there on Sat then?
Worthwhile conditions?
Likely to last or be black after the thaw?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...