UKC

Armaid or alternatives

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I recently tried out a armaid forearm massager and found it to be beneficial. 

I am baulking at the price of buying one. Are their any cheaper options available/Chinese clones? 

Mick B 23 Feb 2020
In reply to Presley Whippet:

I bought one last year when I was having a few elbow issues, as I've had sporadically over the last 20 years of climbing . 

Though the Armaid and other rehab exercises I had the best recovery I've known so to me it was definitely worth the investment.  Also no issue in a long time possibly because I still use regularly.

If you didn't want to buy one you could potentially get similar effects from a small massage ball for probably less than a tenner?

Dave Bond 23 Feb 2020

I have an armaid and also one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/BLACKROLL-MINI-original-roller-massage/dp/B00CS7GE...

If I were to get rid of one now I'd probably lose the armaid.  Just plonk the mini on a table and roll away.  You can add pressure by putting your other arm on top, standing over it etc etc.  If you go slow and feel around you can still find the trigger points and work 'em well. 

Working the top of forearm (extensors) is a bit more pain but works well.  Cross your upper arm across you body and twist you palm up so that target area is on roller.

AlanLittle 03 Mar 2020

I found pressing really hard on a small foam roller comparable in feeling/effect. Eventually ended up shelling out for an armaid for the convenience though.

Armaid ,

is that how rich northerners refer to the serving wench  .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...