UKC

Central London Wall suggestion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 15 Jan 2024

I’m staying around Lincoln Fields on Wednesday and am considering going to a bouldering wall nearby. Any suggestions, ideally one with lots of problems and without an additional membership fee as it’ll be a one off visit. 
Thank you

Iamgregp 15 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

Allthough it's not physically near, I'd say you're best off jumping on the central line from there and going to Bethwall in Bethnal Green.  It's only a few stops and is right next to the station so you'll be there in no time.  Think I'm heading there myself on Wednesday, as it happens.

christhebull 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

EustonWall (near Warren Street station) is probably your closest.

archibaldie 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

I’d recommend Mile End climbing wall, one stop on from Beth wall but much better climbing 

Iamgregp 16 Jan 2024
In reply to christhebull:

As the crow flies yes, but from Lincoln’s Inn Fields it’s quicker to get to Bethwall - have timed both, I work just near Lincoln’s In Fields…

Iamgregp 16 Jan 2024
In reply to archibaldie:

Defo more varied climbing. Take a jumper though, bloody freezing in a couple of the rooms at this time of year!

Bethwall isn’t that warm either mind…

OP Tyler 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

Thanks All, it seems most of the of London walls are run by the same company so there won’t be much to choose between them? So Euston and Bethwall seem the logistically easiest, which has more bouldering?

Of the other walls I’ve been to the Arch and Mile End so happy to try others. Parthian Wandsworth looks good but bit of a ball ache to get to. 

Iamgregp 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

Yeah LLC have a lot of walls in London now…

Both Euston and Bethwall are theirs and both bouldering only. Bethwall feels bigger to me. 

christhebull 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

LCC are the biggest chain with 8 locations and an emphasis on more central locations (bouldering only but Harrowall has autobelays), but one of my friends estimates there are 70 walls inside the M25 (including ones that are part of schools, leisure centres, gyms, youth clubs etc).

LCC are one of the more commercial and social media savvy brands as well. Whereas, for example, notwithstanding the fact the bouldering is minimal and they're closing for refurbishment, hardly anyone seems to know about West1 at Seymour Leisure Centre - but that's very local for people in parts of the West End.

I forgot about City Bouldering Aldgate! An easy trip on the Circle / District line or Central line.

Stoney Boy 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

Ravenswall is very good and on the tube. Well set problems.

OP Tyler 16 Jan 2024
In reply to christhebull:

> I forgot about City Bouldering Aldgate! An easy trip on the Circle / District line or Central line.

Is it better than the others?

Indignancy 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

It’s fairly small but the setting is pretty good - it’s got a kilter board and a good gym if either of those appeal. 

OP Tyler 17 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

Late entry! Yonder looks good, is it worth the extra effort to get to over Bethwall?

racodemisa 17 Jan 2024
In reply to Tyler:

The Font at Borough market looks ok.Not big but it's got a nice looking spray wall and enough variety to get some interesting volume in.

OP Tyler 17 Jan 2024
In reply to racodemisa:

Thanks you but the quest is now over! I’m on the Central Line heading to Bethwall (after a brief diversion when I was on the Central Line heading towards West Ruislip!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...