UKC

Dedicated Climbing Shoe Shops Uk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi All

Been climbing for a year now in some v basic ocuns with a flat profile. Indoor and a bit outdoor.

After a years use, they definatly dont cut the mustard, i bought a size equal to my foot and now im looking for a serious improvement!

I bought a pair of semi agressive red chilli magnuts online, half a size smaller and now have some serious scabs around the top of the toes. Basically the pain of wearing them definatly takes away from the fun of climbing! So in essence buying online isnt the way to go until you know what shoe is best for you.

Im looking for dedicated climbing stores around yorkshire and the north east and west of england. But any reccomendation would be good. Im willing to go the exstra mile to get some professional help.

Think it would just be good for everyone to know where to go if they are serious about climbing and finding the right shoe.

If there is already a previous thread about this subject, then wack me a link. I did do a search on the forums, but nothing came up.

Cheers

The Clambering Caveman

joeramsay 09 Feb 2024
In reply to TheClamberingCaveman:

does the indoor wall you go to have a shop? unless you live near either hathersage (for outside) or keswick (for needlesports) this is probably your best bet - there aren't that many good shops left. if not, maybe you could combine a weekend in the lakes/peak with a trip to one of those two?

Jungle_153 09 Feb 2024
In reply to TheClamberingCaveman:

Got my last pair from Outside in Hathersage. They had a good range to choose from and spent time helping me find the right pair for my use needs.

For online I've used Rock and Run, they have a template you can print off, measure your foot and then each shoe has a size ordering guide for fit. I had no issues with the shoes from them.

RBK 09 Feb 2024
In reply to Jungle_153:

> For online I've used Rock and Run, they have a template you can print off, measure your foot and then each shoe has a size ordering guide for fit. I had no issues with the shoes from them.

They do now have a bookable 'Shoe Hub' you can go to in person: https://rockrun.com/pages/personal-shopping-appointments 

spenser 09 Feb 2024
In reply to joeramsay:

Also LD Mountain Centre are pretty good.

Go Outdoors staff aren't very well trained but the range is reasonable.

V12 outdoor, Dicks Climbing and possibly the Climbers Shop are worth looking at too if willing to travel (as are the other shops already mentioned).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...