UKC

NEWS: Aidan Roberts climbs two top-end projects

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC News 17 Apr 2024

Aidan Roberts has made ascents of two of his hardest projects, The Midnight Project, and the The Helvellyn Project.

Read more

owensum 17 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Incredible news. Sounds like the limit for hard bouldering in the UK has been raised again. What are the chances that it was on his doorstep from his family home?! There can't be that many things of this difficulty that even exist out there. And yet another amazing extremely hard line in Switzerland. Bravo Aidan!

Post edited at 19:54
 mpickering 17 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing news.

I wonder if Shadow Play is on his radar, an ascent of that would be a nice completion to that infamous arc.

Tod Neil 18 Apr 2024
In reply to mpickering: I think I saw some footage of Will Bosi pawing the holds on Shadowplay describing how it might go. I got the impression it was possibly climbable, but too ridiculously difficult to be worth the effort? You’d think that if it was 9a It would have already been repeated by Roberts or Bosi, but who knows? 

In reply to Tod Neil:

Here's a link to the video where he talks through the moves:  youtube.com/watch?v=Y7AoI8zN6cA&t=580

Dr Michael Ng 18 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

just give it a grade Aidan, I don't care if it's not 9A+... hnngggg I need to bust!

C Witter 19 Apr 2024
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Here's a link for you to explain gas bubbles in 1 minute: youtube.com/watch?v=Ncb15B0vebE&

Quite an interesting channel, actually! Lot's of climbing-related geology.

Post edited at 00:26
In reply to Dr Michael Ng:

I don't blame him for not wanting to grade 'Spots of Time' if it's not in his style. Means someone could come along later who does climb in that style, and downgrade it massively. 

We saw that drama unfold with James Pearson and 'Walk of Life'. 

He was on a podcast last month discussing the entire ordeal, so maybe that has some significance. 

And then if you're not going to grade one, then probably makes sense to just not grade either to avoid questions as to why you didn't grade one. 

Also, I can just see the draw of not grading climbs if you're an absolute beast and everyone knows it.

'This took me a while' translates to a grade of 'hard as shit' and everyone knows it. 

Post edited at 10:14
In reply to C Witter:

> Here's a link for you to explain gas bubbles in 1 minute: youtube.com/watch?v=Ncb15B0vebE&

> Quite an interesting channel, actually! Lot's of climbing-related geology.

That's amazing, thanks for sharing - what a great channel too!

alx 19 Apr 2024
In reply to C Witter:

> Here's a link for you to explain gas bubbles in 1 minute: youtube.com/watch?v=Ncb15B0vebE&

Really rather good! Nice share

Tod Neil 19 Apr 2024
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing: Thanks Rob

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...