UKC

Good sport crags in South East Wales?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 JoshNLewis 29 Apr 2024

Hi all me and my friends have just got back in outdoor sport and live in Cardiff. We have been heading out to our local crag in Taffs Wells but looking for some good sport routes ideally up to around 6a range. Can anyone recommend some good crags in our general area with a lot of good bolted routes? I do also have the south wales sports book but would be good to get opinions if possible! Thanks  

critter 29 Apr 2024
In reply to JoshNLewis:

Navigation is always good in that respect, not to far a walk from Abercynon rail station if you have a car.

Mount Pleasant has it's fans. 

Taffs Well West but needs a longer drier spell ATM.

Gary Gibson 03 May 2024
In reply to critter:try x1 or mount pleasant or taffs well east or SIrhowy

cwarby 03 May 2024
In reply to JoshNLewis:

Gilwern was the first place that came to mind for those grades. And it has its own guidebook (cheers Mark).

Gary Gibson 04 May 2024
In reply to cwarby:If you are considering going to Gilwern try my website sportsclimbs.co.uk but the road has collapsed and you now have to work in from the parking just beyond the now closed pub

cwarby 04 May 2024
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Good shout, I do use it, but I'm a sucker for a paper guide. Probably showing my age! I've put some ££ in the find as I appreciate your efforts.

Gary Gibson 04 May 2024
In reply to cwarby:thank you so much and a new Gower guide coming soon and all donations very welcome 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...