UKC

Beemat bouldering mats

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 gooberman-hill 04 May 2024

Looks like I am going to have to be doing regular-ish trips to the Peak District to help out an elderly relative.

I'm thinking of buying a lightweight bouldering mat that I can leave at their house, so I can pop out for an hour or two of evening bouldering.

I was thinking of something like the Beemat Widdop, which I could get on Amazon as I will be using public transport to get there.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how good it is. My previous understanding of a bouldering mat was using a beer towel to wipe my feet at Pex Hill in the mid 1980s

In reply to gooberman-hill:

They're good actually. The company does foam matting for various sports so it's nice to fall on. The cover and carry system is a little less refined but for the price they're absolutely fine.

Andypeak 04 May 2024

Beemat are actually quite good. They have come from the gymnastics industry so certainly know how to make a half decent mat. The one I've got (I forget the model) is excellent once you are at the crag. The only issue is getting to the crag as the carry system is crap. It's fine for short walk ins but anything more than about 25 min it becomes very uncomfortable and you certainly wouldn't want to strap a second pad to it

leland stamper 05 May 2024

I have one. It was less than half price of of popular makes. It seems to do the job. Much better than my beer towel. Pretty much all of the bouldering I do doesn't require a long walk in or loads of other gear. 

Paul at work 05 May 2024

I have two very good condition Black Diamond Bouldering mats, that I'm looking to sell, as I have up graded. Would happily let you have one of those for £60. 

wbo2 05 May 2024

Can't comment on the brand but I have a similar sized mat and it's not nearly as reassuring to use as a standard size mat.  

In reply to Paul at work:

Thanks for the kind offer. I'm not sure it will work as I am looking for something i can easily stash there, and which I can have delivered. I'll be combining trips up there with work in Manchester, and using trains. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...