UKC

Lofoten

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Heike not logged on 18 Mar 2004
Has anybody got the book on the Lofoton "Climbing in the Magic Isles" by Ed Webster and would be willing to either sell or lend it to me (for some photocopying). I'd make sure they get it back right away and pay of course. I can't get hold of it anywhere. I have already got the Rockfax Miniguide, but need a bit more for a trip in June.

Help, pleaaaaase.
 Mick B 18 Mar 2004
In reply to Heike not logged on: I was in the same boat last year but found there were plenty of copies in the climbing shop in Henningsvaer(sp?). You could try contacting them direct, i think their number is in the mini-guide.
My copy is out on loan at the moment but if your still struggling nearer the time let me know and i`ll try and get it back for you.
OP Heike not logged on 18 Mar 2004
In reply to Mick B:

Thanks. I'll try and get intouch with them. Did you have a good trip adn good climbing? Don't tell me it rained for two weeks....
 Mick B 18 Mar 2004
In reply to Heike not logged on:One bad day out of eight.
It`s an amazing place.
OP Anonymous 18 Mar 2004
In reply to Heike not logged on: Just to let you know that the Magic Islands book is now out of print, but it hasnt been for long so am sure you will be able to find a copy somewhere.
sue 18 Mar 2004
In reply to Heike not logged on: I've got one that i'll lend for photocopying if i get it back safely. I need it by early june as my parents are going over on the 13th. I'm based west yorkshire.
matnoo 18 Mar 2004
In reply to Heike not logged on:

As mick said, visit the cafe in henningsvaer and they should sort you out.

One of the most beautiful places on this earth.

Mat
 TobyA 19 Mar 2004
In reply to Heike not logged on: If you want to buy the book it is available here: http://www.summitsports.net/product_info.php?currency=GBP&cPath=900_901...

Depending on what grade you climb, the Rockfax will probably keep you going for a week - there are always other folk about at the popular cliffs who might have a guide.

The Cafe had copies left late last summer, but not huge numbers. If you are going in June you might be OK, but perhaps give them a call or email first. I'm sure you could buy it with credit card and pick it up on arrival.
 Heike 19 Mar 2004
In reply to sue:

Thanks, Sue. I'll get in touch with the caff first and see whether they have it in stock, if not I'd love to take you up on your offer - first class treatment of book and immediate return guarantueed!
 Heike 19 Mar 2004
In reply to matnoo:

Cheers for that, everybody. I'll get on to the cafe now. Sounds like a great place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...