UKC

Scottish contigent Bishop bound

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 16 Apr 2004
Surf's up dudes!

Sorry.....I mean the temps are awesome and the flowers everywhere.

Hurry on over.

Mick
 Rowie B 16 Apr 2004
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:

Last day at work over so now getting vereee gleeful - can't wait! Have a bag full of tartan related goodies, snowboarding stuff, climbing gear and big happy smiles
 Stuart S 16 Apr 2004

Finally finished packing (think my hand luggage weighs more than my big bags for some reason!), so that's everything set.

Taxi booked for 10am tomorow morning. Put the kettle on, and see you soon!
OP Michael Ryan 16 Apr 2004
In reply to Stuart S:

harness
 Stuart S 16 Apr 2004

Oh, one thing though. Gave US customs a phone about bringing along a tin of haggis, and it's a no-no cos of the BSE thing over here, so hopefully Xavier will be ok with a tin of scotch broth instead (along with other assorted nick-nacks...)
 Stuart S 16 Apr 2004

Harness? It's in with the rest of the kit in the big bags!
 Mike C 16 Apr 2004

Have a great time you two. I hear there's a heatwave predicted for Aberdeen for the next two weeks, with unusually cold temperatures & heavy snowfall for Glenshee! The last laugh!
 Mike C 16 Apr 2004
In reply to Stuart S:

And since when was there any beef in haggis?
 Rowie B 16 Apr 2004
In reply to Stuart S:

Now I have the task of trying to decide what CD's to take.... hope your ears are prepared!
 Stuart S 16 Apr 2004
In reply to Mike C:

There's lamb, which is a ruminant and is therefore on the banned list. Apparently.
 Stuart S 16 Apr 2004
In reply to Rowie B:

Just remember I could chose to take a Runrig CD with me, but I haven't, so be kind.

Please!

Oh, and have a full first aid kit packed, so you won't need to take plasters.
 Mike C 16 Apr 2004
In reply to Stuart S:

Probably not the nicest part of the lamb either, though the tastiest if the brain is out of gear (mean your brain, not the sheeps)! Seems a shame that you can't even take the tinned stuff. You should have bought a real one & a veggie one & swapped the labels.
OP Michael Ryan 16 Apr 2004
In reply to Stuart S:

gutted.....silly US customs. Thanks for trying Stuart, the broth will be honky-dory.

Xavier is away in Zion doing a wall with a friend. I'll tell the wee blighter when he gets back on Saturday.

Mick
colski 17 Apr 2004

Even though I fundamentally believe you're a nugget, I wish I was coming out to meet you Mick.

Colski.
OP Michael Ryan 17 Apr 2004
In reply to colski:

If you come colski...bring your guitar and your band...the misses is busy learning scottish fiddle tunes.
 Stuart S 17 Apr 2004

Mick, let him know we're bringing lots of other Scottish bits and pieces, so hopefully he'll still have plenty to impress his mates with (assorted food and drink, flags, tartan scarves, photo books etc)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...