UKC

The Day After Tomorrow...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
steepscotland 26 May 2004
..is when the film 'The Day After Tomorrow' is released. It's all about possible impacts of climate change and while it is obviously taking things to a Hollywood level, the official website is pretty good. Greenpeace have produced their own version, and the oil companies have their view on the issues:

Official website and Greenpeace version

Here is ExxonMobil's view - http://www2.exxonmobil.com/corporate/files/corporate/Energy_Brochure.pdf

The film is carbon neutral by the way, which means that the amount of carbon produced in it's making has been offset by planting of trees. Ask if your popcorn is...
OP steepscotland 26 May 2004
sorry links didn't work

Official site
http://www.thedayaftertomorrow.com/

Greenpeace Version

http://www.thedayaftertomorrow.org/
OP mrsmith101 26 May 2004
Rubbish to that, ice-clibing up the Statue of Liberty would be awesome
OP Anonymous 26 May 2004
In reply to steepscotland: To be fair, THC shutdown is one of many theories in this field, and a fairly minor one at that. Obviously it would be a bit of a pig if it happened mind Heinrich events are know to have happened in the past, but the huge complexity of of the global circulation makes modelling extremely hard, its nigh impossible to get models running that accurately just for the mediterranean FFS, and thats just one small part of the north atlantic system.
 Duncan Bourne 26 May 2004
In reply to steepscotland:
> > The film is carbon neutral by the way, which means that the amount of carbon produced in it's making has been offset by planting of trees. Ask if your popcorn is...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

That is the biggest load of pseudo-green B*ll*cks out. Like slapping a band aid on severed limb

Ali 26 May 2004
In reply to Anonymous: Is that what its based on?? Maybe i should watch it after all...studied THC a bit last year - see if i can spot any faults in the plot! :P
Alex Smeethe 26 May 2004
In reply to Ali:

THC? I study that every day. Hmmmmmmmm, sweet sweet Mary.
 francois 28 May 2004
I saw the movie last night, and it was actually good fun.
Amazing placements for products, like the Charlet-Moser ice axes. whou would have thought you can hold 2 people and a sledge with it?
St.John Starkie 29 May 2004
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

> That is the biggest load of pseudo-green B*ll*cks out. Like slapping a band aid on severed limb

It's the start of something, not the end of it.
If you have universal solution that can be achieved by normal people with no political clout please share it.
 Smitz 29 May 2004
In reply to Ali:
> (In reply to Anonymous) Is that what its based on?? Maybe i should watch it after all...studied THC a bit last year - see if i can spot any faults in the plot! :P

I particularly enjoyed the bit where they RAN AWAY from the frost that was CHASING THEM through a corridor and they escaped by CLOSING THE DOOR.
Please dont raise your hopes for this film, the ending is the most hilariously contrived load of rubbish I've ever seen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...