UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Fredrik Ericsson 1975 - 2010

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 13 Aug 2010
Fredrik Ericsson, 4 kbFredrik Ericsson the Swedish mountaineer and extreme skier died last week whilst attempting to summit and ski down K2.

Rob Wylie, a friend of Fredrik's, describes this amazing man and adventurer.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2945

thommi 13 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Rest in peace Fredrik. Thoughts are with your family. I didnt know you but I knew your aims and achievements. You inspired many.
 m1ke_smith 13 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

Good article.... Thanks for sharing with us... RIP Fredrik.
 Scarab 13 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC Article

Vila I frid fredrick
 ClimberEd 13 Aug 2010

Very sad
nickyboy 13 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Seen fredrik in cham a few times every time I seen him either in Cham or on tv he was always smiling ! So I guess it's a shame I didn't get to know him better as sounds like it was a intresting life I for one would read the book. ! R. I. P.
Matt Helliker 13 Aug 2010
I was lucky enough to have skied, climbed, shared a room with at trade
shows, and drink crazy amounts of coffee in Chamonix with Fredrik. He is a
ture legend, and an inspiration in the style that he approach his
expeditions, but most importantly Fredrik was top bloke and a great,
solid, and dependable friend, who will be greatly missed.
 Henry Iddon 13 Aug 2010

Condolences to all that knew him personally. Wonderfully written obit Rob.
DWatson 13 Aug 2010
Fredrik was an amazing guy. In an industry full of egos and attitude, he remained a down to earth, friendly and open guy, even when his projects were more rad than anyone else's. His vision and expeditions were among the grandest and he executed them with modesty and class. His life is a shining example of what it means to follow your dreams. His projects helped push the sport further and are a benchmark for how the next generations will view what is possible to ride. No doubt that the progression of extreme ski mountaineering will suffer in his absence.

My most sincere condolences to his family, be proud of the man he became. And to Fredrik, I hope you find the most satisfying peace.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...