UKC

NEWS: New E10 7a in Annot by James Pearson - Le Voyage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 May 2017
James Pearson makes the first ascent of Le Voyage E10 7a, 4 kbBritish expat James Pearson has established an impressive new E10 crack line at Annot, France, which he has named Le Voyage. Annot has been a developing trad hot spot in France since 2005 due to its abundance of crack features.Read more
 Xavierpercy 07 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic effort James
An amazing line but......"I know E10 7a might not make a lot of sense to non-British trad climbers, but it’s really the best I can do."

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me either! Surely he could have given it a sport grade with the PG to X rating on the danger and then we would have a much better idea of how hard it really is.
 Dr Toph 07 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Well. the 'Trad Annot' blog gives it 8b+ if that helps...
http://tradannot.over-blog.com/
 Fraser 07 May 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Power of the 'tache! Great work by JP and excellent photos by CC - she's got a second career in photography if she ever gives up climbing.
 Bulls Crack 08 May 2017
In reply to Xavierpercy:

Well, given that we know it's well protected, I'd say it was technically about 7a and very sustained!
 SenzuBean 11 May 2017
In reply to winhill:

ambassador James Pearson, just came back from a recent trip in the US with her wife / partner in climb Caroline Ciavaldini

oh dear.
 Fraser 11 May 2017
In reply to SenzuBean:

I did however like their new grading system, incorporating a thermal factor!

"E10 /7° is one of the hardest routes he has ever done"
Removed User 11 May 2017
In reply to Fraser:

Seems a sensible progression to me. All climbers understand the criticality of temperature on the day in determining the overall difficulty.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...