UKC

NEWS: Peak District Area Report - April 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Apr 2013
Katy Whittaker flashing Power of the Darkside (E8? 6b) at Matlock Quarry, 5 kbPeak District Area Reporter Sam Schofield rounds up the latest action from the Peak District, including an E8 followed by a car accident for Tom Greenall...

"I was put on a spinal board and taken to Chesterfield General for a precautionary x-ray. Luckily all was OK and I was released sometime in the early morning..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68013

phizz4 24 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC News: Is it my imagination or is the top of the rock tower swaying in the wind?
 Wft 24 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC News:

nice one, looks a great route. Heres to a speedy recovery.

p.s "Compared to other E6's I have done, such as Nosferatu. . . the climbing on this route is quite short"

... blimey that's not much climbing.
 StuartG 25 Apr 2013
>
> p.s "Compared to other E6's I have done, such as Nosferatu. . . the climbing on this route is quite short"

Compared to, for example, Death Trap at Gogarth, Nosferatu is not much climbing. The grade tells you nothing about the length of the route (Death trap has a grade of E6,5C).
 Tom Briggs 27 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC News:

POTDS is had quite a few ascents and I don't suppose anyone thinks it's E8. The climbing is French 7a on really positive holds. It felt about E6 to me climbing it ground up with a couple of pads and no spotters. With loads of pads and spotters it probably feels like a highball (presumably why David Mason didn't stick a grade on his nice vid of it). Superb route.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...