UKC

NEWS: The Next Hardest Sport Route in the World!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 05 Jun 2007
I’m not really supposed to talk about it, but I will say this: When it gets done, it will be the hardest, most badass sport route in the world. There you go, that’s all I’m going to say. So now you know where it is, all you have to do is go there, and climb it..........

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
OP Michael Ryan 05 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Addendum.

You can also read how Randy Leavitt found this amazing cliff....

""I had scoped Clark Mountain from the freeway (with a telescope) for years. After climbing on the limestone at VRG, I felt Clark was probably worth a closer look. I scoped it out from commercial planes, when I would make routine trips to Salt Lake City. I purchased topo maps and finally made a trip to Clark when I was on my way to Charleston with Rudy Hofmeister. ....."

Read more here:

http://www.rockfax.com/publications/books/vegas-photos/photo-feature/galler...
TimS 05 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Nothing like a bit of free hype for your new route eh? And a mini Rockfax advert in to boot!
In reply to TimS:

Lot of background there for potentially another world's hardest. Some like reading about that.

Let's wait and see what happens. Sharma is no slouch: Realisation and Es Pontas...both 9a+. This new project must be really something. I've climbed at Clark Mountain and the Monastry. Very impressive.

Very odd location too.....alpine limestone but you look down on high desert, basically the Mojave!

seagull 05 Jun 2007

It does sound / look like an amazing place.
TimS 05 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Sorry Mick I guess i forgot the was interesting to read again about the bolt on holds in Spain - a very odd practice, but better than chipping in a way I guess, as at least you don't permanently alter the rock!

Have you popped over to Mallorca to grade Es Pontas then? As far as I'm aware no grade was offered - you must have been putting in some hours at Kendal Wall!
In reply to TimS:

> Have you popped over to Mallorca to grade Es Pontas then? As far as I'm aware no grade was offered - you must have been putting in some hours at Kendal Wall!

I wish. No, typical Sharma speculation, I think he has fun with grades.

TimS 05 Jun 2007
> (In reply to TimS)
>
> [...]
>
> I wish. No, typical Sharma speculation, I think he has fun with grades.

I agree, especially saying things to the effect of 'I wanted a challenge like Realization, but over the water, and I think I found it with this route.' It's only ever going to cause more speculation!

This crag looks great though - think i'll have to tie in a visit when I go back to Bishop.
 Paul B 05 Jun 2007
In reply to TimS: I think your comments about 8a.nu are a tad unprofessional. In a way its fairly similar to your own logbooks is it not? the only difference being that the average grade, "bragging" as you put it, is higher?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...