UKC

Grade IX repeated in Northern Corries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ala mullin 06 Jan 2003
Incase my previous comment becomes lost then here are the conditions of the Northern Corries.
All routes are in superb nick plastered white from head to toe. I was belaying Dave Macleod in Coire An Lochain on Sunday with only one other team in the coire. The walk in was easy due to a track stomped out well into the Coire
and avalanche hazard not as bad as expected with plenty helpful tracks skirting the great slab.
I belayed Dave on his succesful ascent of Happy Tyroleans which is IX.10. We both confirmed the technical and overall grade. Dave lead it in a very good style taking 2 hours and 30 minutes. The 30 minutes were for the first 30m overhanging crux pitch. This route is a bold future testpiece! and very bold it was indeed. Alan Mullin
Robert McMurray 06 Jan 2003
In reply to ala mullin: Well done Alan and Dave. Was interested to see how you two got on after the infamous Scandanavian Village party.
Thought you may have been struggling on the friday considering the weather and snow (or was it the lack of sleep?). Suffice to say I was feeling pretty f*ckin rough the next day.
Anyway good effort lads and all the best for the rest of the season and your trip to Patagonia.

Robert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...