|Mountain Equipment - Equipment Designer Job
added Apr/2010, see all Mountain Equipment news & reviews
announcement by Mountain Equipment
This announcement has been read 4,818 times
Mountain Equipment has been making some of the finest mountain clothing and equipment in the world since 1961. We believe in what we do; we design, test and build with passion and commitment because we know that our products are depended upon in some of the most demanding conditions on earth.
Reviews for Mountain Equipment gear:
News from Mountain Equipment:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
An outstanding opportunity exists for a designer to join one of the fastest growing brands in Europe and play a key part in taking an award-winning range into the next decade. The successful candidate will posses outstanding creative skills and a proven ability in delivering designs from conceptual stage through to finished product.
- Conducting design research by visiting trade fairs, exhibitions and retail customers.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to develop seasonal range plans.
- Innovating & designing products taking into account development briefs, factory capabilities, target price points and brand.
- Sourcing & development of fabrics, trims and components
- Development and integration of colour palettes on a seasonal basis in collaboration with other product areas
- Follow the critical path for each season's collection and meeting agreed timelines.
- Production of detailed CAD illustrations and technical drawings for use in specifications, product marketing and other media.
- Working with the equipment technologist to help resolve size and functionality issues & formulate product specifications.
- Working closely with suppliers in the development of finished products.
- Work on special SMU projects for retail partners and distributors as required
- To develop additional aspects of the product including brand and care labels as necessary in collaboration with other product categories
- An understanding of technical performance product construction is essential.
- An understanding of competitor products and the needs of active users is essential.
- Experience of working with factories in the development of prototypes is essential.
- A high level of competency in the use of Adobe Illustrator or relevant programmes, including 3D CAD
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to travel throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a strong team player.
- An active interest in outdoor sports such as hill-walking, climbing or mountaineering is essential.
- An understanding of the UK & European outdoor market is essential
- Design qualification to degree level or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience working with a leading outdoor or similar sports brand.
This is a full time position offering a competitive salary and based at our head office in Greater Manchester.
Please send applications to: Louisa.email@example.com
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com