More In This Category
Senior Designer for Rab 6 Mar 2014
Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd are looking to recruit a Senior Designer to join the team at Rab. [ full story ]
Duty Managers Wanted at Castle Climbing Centre 28 Feb 2014
The Castle is looking for enthusiastic, flexible people to join our Duty Managing team.
Duty Managers have responsibility for... [ full story ]
Customer Services Job at Facewest 25 Feb 2014
Facewest are a successful online retailer of quality outdoor equipment and are looking for a Customer Service Assistant
[ full story ]
Rab Customer Returns Administrator 20 Feb 2014
Equip Outdoor Technologies / Rab are looking for a Customer Returns Administrator [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
MONTANE® is a British company that creates technical clothing and equipment for mountainous and extreme environments. Founded 20 years ago, MONTANE® works with leading innovative expeditions to the world’s polar and mountainous regions, supports athletes in climbing, polar exploration and endurance trail running and sponsors the world’s leading ultra-distance endurance events. MONTANE® products are sold through leading specialist outdoor and run retailers in over 40 countries around the world.
As one of the fastest growing outdoor brands in Europe MONTANE® requires a manager to run its busy marketing department.
MONTANE® has an ambitious, dynamic team motivated by a love of the mountains and producing exceptional products. The brand is represented in many territories around the world; it has a head office in Northumberland and a showroom in the Lake District.
The ideal candidate will have a degree education, a minimum of 2 years experience running a marketing department, a keen interest in the outdoors, will be enthusiastic and highly organised.
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have:
• Ideally a higher education Degree or equivalent in Marketing.
• Two year’s experience running a marketing department.
• A high degree of planning and organisational skills.
• A strong motivation to succeed.
• An ability to adapt and problem solve through clear thinking.
• An enthusiasm for the outdoors and a strong personal interest in mountain sports.
• Strong knowledge of the outdoor market.
• An ability to work closely within a team.
• Good leadership qualities.
• Microsoft office competency and experience of Adobe Photoshop.
• Excellent oral and communication skills.
• Strong ability to network and develop relationships.
• An interest and ability to travel internationally.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Develop full year marketing plans and integrate this with product and sales departments.
• Project manage the creation of all marketing materials including workbooks, swing cards and point of sale elements.
• Critically be able to competently manage a marketing budget.
• Organise and deliver trade show stands and materials.
• Manage advertising campaigns.
• Organise and deliver sales launch events.
• Manage websites and associated content.
• Organise all product photography.
• Run PR programs and liaise with the press throughout the year.
• Liaise and organise with external partners (retailers and fabric brands) new and exciting campaigns.
• Work closely with UK sales department to deliver a world class service for retailers.
• Organise photography shoots and image library for customers.
• Work closely with sponsored ultra races to deliver a maximum experience for entrants and deliver news coverage to customers and press.
• Manage expedition and athlete teams and communicate their achievements.
• Manage news delivery and social media activity.
Location: Northumberland HQ
Application closing date: 24th August 2013
To apply please submit by email a cover letter and C.V. to: email@example.com
For more information about MONTANE® visit: http://www.montane.co.uk
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.