JOB ALERT: UKClimbing Ltd Assistant Editoradded Aug/2014, see all UKClimbing.com news & reviews
announcement by UKClimbing.com
UKClimbing Limited is looking for an Assistant Editor to join our small team starting towards the end of 2014.
The job is a full-time position, working from home, but with daily interaction with the rest of the UKC/UKH editorial team. The successful applicant will be a good communicator, have excellent writing and editing skills, and have an in-depth knowledge of climbing around the world. They will be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Work in close co-operation with the News Editors on both UKClimbing and UKHillwalking.
- Source, investigate and write up news stories on a daily basis.
- Edit and sub-edit articles and news stories on UKClimbing and UKHillwalking.
- Manage the layout of articles through the site CMS and use Photoshop for basic photo editing / resizing.
- Maintain and manage the UKC social media feeds.
Essential Qualifications or Attributes
- Excellent writing and editing skills with supporting qualifications.
- Knowledge of climbing and mountaineering in the UK and across the rest of the world.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently from home.
- Able to work to short deadlines.
Useful Qualifications and Attributes - not essential but worth mentioning
- Climbing photography
- Knowledge of the Outdoor Trade
- Adobe Creative Suite Experience - Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects.
- Experience working with spreadsheets, databases and Google Docs.
- Publishing experience - online and/or print.
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design
The job can be done from home, or home office. The applicant must be based within the UK and have a car, current driving licence, and a passport.
An up-to-date computer is required. Software will be provided where needed. Apple operating system is preferred although not essential.
£20,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
Applications should include a covering letter and a CV including examples of published work (written and/or photographic).
Please also write and include one example news report, in the UKC house style, on a recent climbing event of your choice.
Send applications in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications now closed
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.