VIDEO REVIEW: Jet Boil Personal Cooking System£70.00, added Feb/2010, see all JetBoil news & reviews
Reviewed by Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor
Reviewing the Jetboil was a difficult task. It is a very specific product with a high level purpose - Alpine climbing and big wall climbing - and in these situations the stove is excellently designed. However to test the stove properly I had to take it not only on multiday climbing routes, but also car camping and general use. How did it fare?
Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor, Jan 2010
© Jack Geldard
Even though there are additional pans and frying pans available for the stove I would say that it is overkill for a simple car camping or general backpacking stove, although if uber-back-packing is your thing, it is extremely compact and robust, so is certainly a viable option.
However in reality this is a high end product for multi-day climbing. The fact that the stove is so easily hang-able and that it all fits together in to a solid one-piece unit make it extremely usable in a big wall situation.
The construction is of a high quality. The design is superb. The functionality is also superb.
For more review details don't miss the video below.
|Weight:||15 oz (425 g)|
|Volume:||32 oz (1 Litre)|
|Boil Time:||16 oz (1/2 Litre) = 2 minutes|
|Water Boiled:||12 Litres per 100g Jetpower canister|
|Dimensions:||4.1” x 7.1” (104 mm x 180 mm)|
Full Information is in this VIDEO REVIEW:
- 1.0 Litre FluxRing® cooking cup with insulating Cargo Cozy
- Adjustable burner with push-button igniter
- Insulating drink-through lid
- Insulating measuring cup bottom
What JetBoil Say:
"Our ultracompact 1 liter unit is ideal for dehydrated meals, coffee or tea on the go, remote worksites, and emergency kits. Travel light and prep easy. The Personal Cooking System (PCS) is a complete food and beverage multi-tool you can hold in your hand and weighs about a pound. Lights with the click of a button, and within two minutes you've got two cups of boiling water ready for coffee or a quick meal. Pack components, fuel and accessories into the Nalgene-sized cup for convenient transport."
- More Info: JetBoil Website
See this product at the Joe Brown - Snowdonia shop
See this product at the CragX shop
- REVIEW: MSR WindBoiler Stove Apr-15
- Starlight and Storm Mar-15
- REVIEW: Mammut Rappel Kit Jan-15
- 8 Common Climbing Accidents And How to Avoid Them Jan-15
- VIDEO PROFILE: Andy Houseman - Alpinist Dec-14
- 5 Ways To Climb Harder On Grit This Winter Dec-14
- INTERVIEW: Ben Tibbetts - The Man Behind The Lens Dec-14
- Petzl RocTrip Report 2014 Oct-14
- Meeting Alex Luger - One of Austria's Top All Round Climbers Oct-14
- Kendal 2014 Speaker Profile: Christophe Profit Oct-14