VIDEO REVIEW: Jet Boil Personal Cooking System£70.00, added Feb/2010, see all JetBoil news & reviews
Reviewed by Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor
Reviewing the Jetboil was a difficult task. It is a very specific product with a high level purpose - Alpine climbing and big wall climbing - and in these situations the stove is excellently designed. However to test the stove properly I had to take it not only on multiday climbing routes, but also car camping and general use. How did it fare?
Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor, Jan 2010
© Jack Geldard
Even though there are additional pans and frying pans available for the stove I would say that it is overkill for a simple car camping or general backpacking stove, although if uber-back-packing is your thing, it is extremely compact and robust, so is certainly a viable option.
However in reality this is a high end product for multi-day climbing. The fact that the stove is so easily hang-able and that it all fits together in to a solid one-piece unit make it extremely usable in a big wall situation.
The construction is of a high quality. The design is superb. The functionality is also superb.
For more review details don't miss the video below.
|Weight:||15 oz (425 g)|
|Volume:||32 oz (1 Litre)|
|Boil Time:||16 oz (1/2 Litre) = 2 minutes|
|Water Boiled:||12 Litres per 100g Jetpower canister|
|Dimensions:||4.1” x 7.1” (104 mm x 180 mm)|
Full Information is in this VIDEO REVIEW:
- 1.0 Litre FluxRing® cooking cup with insulating Cargo Cozy
- Adjustable burner with push-button igniter
- Insulating drink-through lid
- Insulating measuring cup bottom
What JetBoil Say:
"Our ultracompact 1 liter unit is ideal for dehydrated meals, coffee or tea on the go, remote worksites, and emergency kits. Travel light and prep easy. The Personal Cooking System (PCS) is a complete food and beverage multi-tool you can hold in your hand and weighs about a pound. Lights with the click of a button, and within two minutes you've got two cups of boiling water ready for coffee or a quick meal. Pack components, fuel and accessories into the Nalgene-sized cup for convenient transport."
- More Info: JetBoil Website
See this product at the Joe Brown - Snowdonia shop
- REVIEW: Doug Scott - Up and About Feb-16
- ARTICLE: 12 Climbing Adventures That Won't Break The Bank Jan-16
- DESTINATION GUIDE: 10 Routes to Climb in Chamonix in Winter Jan-16
- Christmas Book Choices from UKC Staff Dec-15
- VIDEO: All Roads Lead To Scotland Nov-15
- INTERVIEW: Natalie Berry's 'Transition' Nov-15
- BOOK REVIEW: Alone on the Wall by Alex Honnold Nov-15
- REVIEW: Evolv Luchador SC Oct-15
- REVIEW: Primus Lite+ Oct-15
- REVIEW: Five Ten Verdon Oct-15