Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Lofoten > Presten >|
|Korstoget|| n7 |
<< Himmel og Helvete
|385m, 11 pitches. The Crusade) A fine and bold route up cracks and grooves just left of the nose of the cliff. The final section follows the long loose corner system. Carry a full rack up to and including a large cam. Begin up a pale right-facing 20m high groove below and left of the Great Roof.
1) 6, 36m. An excellent pitch. Climb the corner to its top, then move left across a slab to a belay on a grass ledge.
2) 5, 40m. Traverse up and left then follow a prominent right-facing dihedral to a ledge on the left at its top.
3) 6, 40m. Climb a superb hand-crack. When it ends, climb right to a tiny belay ledge at the bottom of another corner.
4) 5, 30m. Climb up the corner to the left-hand end of Storhylla - the big grass ledge.
5) 6-, 35m. Traverse down and left (poor protection) then move up and left again, entering a right-facing corner from the side. Climb up this to a small ledge and bolt belay.
6) 7, 35m. A hard pitch but with good protection. Start up the shallow corners then step right to reach the first bolt.
Climb straight up past two more bolts, then up and right to reach the crack in the overhang above. Head left from the roof across a difficult traverse into a groove. Belay higher in the groove.
7) 6+, 35m. Move slightly left, then climb up the sparsely protected face for 5m to reach good cracks and grooves which lead to a ledge with loose blocks.
8) 5+, 35m. Traverse left to reach the base of a right-leaning groove. Follow this for 10m up into a short chimney, then continue up the Exit Groove - the prominent final groove.
9 to 11) 100m. Climb the groove, with some loose rock and grass, to the top. Pitch 11 in particular is extremely loose. © ROCKFAX|
Photo: Korstoget © submariner
Submit a new photo of this climb.
This climb is in 1 logbook, and on no wishlists.
Hidden - Lead - 07/Jul/11