Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Gwynedd > Tryfan (West Face) >
|Flat Iron Ridge Direct|| S 4b|
<< Flat Iron Ridge
V Buttress Route >>
|95m, 6 pitches. 1. Start just right of the toe of the buttress. Climb easy slabs towards a square notch and small pinnacle, below and left of the Flat Iron. Belay below the pinnacle.
2. 4b. A short slab leads to the notch. Pull over with difficulty and go diagonally right to belay below the Flat Iron.
3. Follow blocks immediately left of the Flat Iron, then a slab directly above.
4. 4a. Gain a narrow hanging slab from the right, follow this to its top then another slab on the left - unprotected. Belay up to the right.
5. Move slightly left to avoid loose rocks on the arete, follow the ridge to below a short tower, junction with V Buttress Route.
6. Climb the tower and follow the pinnacled ridge to the end.|
Simon Caldwell, Carmen Elphick 30/Apr/2011
Photo: Flat Iron Ridge Direct pitch 4 © Simon Caldwell
Submit a new photo of this climb.
This climb is in 2 logbooks, and on 1 wishlist.
An inadvertent first (recorded) ascent. Added a harder starting pitch as it looked good (and it was), then failed to follow the description and followed a direct line to the top. Subsequently checked the photo topo and the correct line looks like it traverses left at the start (no mention off this in the description).
Some good climbing, but not a classic!
Simon Caldwell - AltLd O/S - 30/Apr/11 with Carmen
JRSB1991 - Lead O/S - Apr/09
Users with this climb on their wishlist are: