UKC

Tramlines

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris the Tall 21 Jul 2013
Anyone else been enjoying it ?
Went to the main stage, saw Friends and Dutch uncles, ok but nothing special.

Queued for an hour in the slight hope of seeing Public Service Broadcasting at the Harley. Got in to see the last two tracks of their set, but Everest was stunning.

Stuck around and saw the surprisingly brilliant Misty's big adventure.

This is what I love about Tramlines - it's usually the small venues with the less well known bands that are the highlights
 Alyson 21 Jul 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: I spent most of yesterday at Weston Park, where I reckon Polkadodge were the highlight. Nipped into the Gatsby to see Wooderson - my mate's band - but as soon as they opened the first song with a loud chord my poor futurebaby actually jumped with fright in my tummy! It's a tiny venue and I couldn't get any kind of distance from the speakers so for the sake of his/her little ears I went and listened from outside!

Mostly just loved the random street performers and great food trucks - very cool Tibetan one on Fargate btw.
In reply to Chris the Tall:
How's this for an eclectic mix today:

Ukulele comedy from the Everley Pregnant Brothers
A bit of folk in the forest from the Mother Folkers
Superb indie jangly guitar perfect pop from Veronica Falls
A busker is top hat an tails playing a bicycle/piano !
Heavy metal from Wet Nuns
Thomas Truax - how the hell do you describe him

And finally Witchhunt from Leeds - no prizes for working out that they're a bit goth!
 Blue Straggler 21 Jul 2013

Misty's Big Adventure! Blimey. Still with the dancing man in a costume made of gloves?
In reply to Blue Straggler:
Yep, completely unexpected !
 Conf#2 21 Jul 2013

Ah I missed everything.

Sounds like there was some good stuff on.
 dr_botnik 22 Jul 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: I lucked out at Public Service broadcasting and got back in after the fire alarm, Misty's always put on a great gig.

I must say I was impressed with 65 days installation, I had tingles going up my spine right from the initial landscape footage, as the images progressed I realised this was probably drone footage. The images of the helicopters illuminated by laser pens over the Egyptian protests were also quite personally affecting, I'd say this in itself was worth more than the £6 entry.

Was lovely finishing the night in Red House with some unlisted local(ish) musicians including MJ Hibbert and 'Heroes of the Mexican Independant Movement' pulling off a great set.
 The Pylon King 22 Jul 2013

I was up in Sheffield doing music work and didnt even know it was on! Although would have been a bus mans holiday. My two hours off on sat night were spent up at Stanage at sunset (first time ive been up there since moving away 10 years ago).
In reply to The Pylon King:
Yep - it gets very little coverage outside of Sheffield. 6music were plugging Latitude all weekend but doubt Tramlines even got a mention.

But if you were up here and anywhere near the city centre it would have been hard to ignore surely ?
Oh - and didn't anyone else notice the amount of litter in the city centre ?

Don't know what it was like later on, but when I walked through in the afternoon and early evening the streets were absolutely....spotless. Plenty of bins everywhere, plenty of volunteers I guess and the "Broken Window" theory in full effect.

Came through the Folk Forest site this morning and the only evidence was that the dog poo bin hasn't been put back yet!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...