UKC

Green deal assessment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 18 Feb 2014
Has anyone here had a Green Deal Assessment?
Who did it? Was it expensive? Have you signed up for any improvements under the scheme?
pasbury 19 Feb 2014
In reply to tlm:

Thanks for that. The thing is I don't know anyone who's actually had an assessment and just wondering what personal experiences folk have had.
 LastBoyScout 19 Feb 2014
In reply to pasbury:

Closest I've come to it so far is modifying a software module to record whether certain home improvements were funded in whole or part by Green Deal.

Sadly, I'd done all those improvements to my house before Green Deal was dreamed up.
 climbingpixie 19 Feb 2014
In reply to pasbury:

I've never had one but I work in the industry. It's basically just an EPC with a questionnaire about your usage booked onto it.

Cost is between £90-110. What is it you want from the Green Deal Assessment? Is it for RHI or its it for energy saving measures?
 alexcollins123 19 Feb 2014
In reply to pasbury:

Before my parents had their solar panels fitted, they had to get an EPC - was paid for out of the money paid for the panels, but cost around £60-80. The house had recently been fitted with double glazing, is fully insulated in the cavity walls and has tonnes of insulation in the roofs so we scored about as highly for a 30's home could.

The guy suggested some other measures like underfloor insulation (only half the house currently has this). That would be stupidly expensive as the floors in the other half are solid concrete. He also suggested replacing the ~20 year old boiler, which my parents can't afford, and replacing all lighting with energy saving.

Following the installation of the panels, they were given an energy monitor and my dad became obsessed with energy saving, so he has now replaced the recessed halogen (50w) downlights throughout with LEDs. This has saved a massive amount and I would highly recommend everybody does it! The light they give out is a much nicer white than the yellow a halogen does.

If you want any more information on what they got then just ask. As it happens I am currently doing a research project on renewable energy in the home, so anything you might be able to tell me as well could be useful!

Cheers
pasbury 19 Feb 2014
In reply to climbingpixie:

Thanks, Yes it's for RHI. probably a biomass boiler as our oil system is on it's last legs.
 Marq 19 Feb 2014
In reply to pasbury:

I had one done for my 1930's property and cost just under £100 I think. On reflection it was a waste of money as they didn't suggest anything I hadn't thought of. The only slight benefit was it completely put me off trying to put external wall insulation on. If you PM me I don't mind sending you a copy.

Marq
richyfenn 19 Feb 2014
In reply to pasbury:

I had it done and was about £100. By doing it we got a big grant and cash-back on the external insulation we wanted on the house, it was definitely worth it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...