UKC

How to find placement students?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john arran 13 Dec 2015
Does anyone have any good source of information or contacts for UK student placements, probably either in tourism or outdoor education? My wife's spa-treks business will be very busy next summer running cross-Pyrenees treks and it could be great experience for someone over the summer months.
 hokkyokusei 13 Dec 2015
In reply to john arran:

Contact the universities. You can usually place adverts for placements on their web sites.
 John Kelly 13 Dec 2015
In reply to john arran:

ambleside campus might be a good spot
 Philip 13 Dec 2015
In reply to john arran:

We used to get this sort of thing through the local Chamber, but I guess you need to be a member.

You could advertise, now world be good (during holiday) as you really want someone local, that way they don't have to find accommodation, etc.
OP john arran 13 Dec 2015
In reply to Philip:

Thanks for the replies so far. I've never had any involvement with student placements so have very little idea who initiates any arrangement or how. In our case there really isn't any concept of 'local' since the events are based in the south of France but for English-speaking clients so British students living out here for the summer would be best, and we'd find accommodation with us here. By the same token there's no local Chamber either.

I suppose what I'm hoping for is some indication of which institutions (if any) are likely to be interested in this, and (ideally) who to contact to discuss it.
 Doug 13 Dec 2015
In reply to john arran:

Do you know Neil & Rosie at Télémark Pyrenées ? they're not far from you (Ax les Thermes) & have had 'stagiaires' working with them over the years, both French & non-French.
 Stevie A 13 Dec 2015
In reply to john arran:

John, just sent a PM with some contact details from our university.
OP john arran 13 Dec 2015
Thanks Doug. I don't know them but maybe we'll call in soon and ask.

Thanks too Steve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...