UKC

MP3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zigzag 25 Nov 2014
I am unfortunately hard of hearing, I have bought 2 different MP3's and couldn't hear much at all on either, can anyone recommend either an MP3 or phone which will be loud enough for the hard of hearing, there must be several millions of us.
I would be most grateful for any help having spent a small fortune on failures,

Zigzag
 The Lemming 25 Nov 2014
In reply to zigzag:

Are you using headphones or speakers to listen to your music?
 Pewtle 25 Nov 2014
In reply to zigzag:

I moved over to using large studio-can type headphones a while ago as the little in-ear buds just don't do it for me anymore.

These are an absolute minefield, as you can spend loads of money on terrible sounding 'phones that don't deliver. Best thing to do is go to a shop that has a load plugged that you can try - I recall John Lewis doing that in their tech section. Make sure you listen to the genre of music that you will enjoy - i.e. jazz requires a different set tones than hip hop etc. Try listening to some Miles Davis on some Beats headphones and you will see what I mean.

Unless of course you are listening to it out of the built in speakers..
 john arran 25 Nov 2014
In reply to zigzag:

I bought an MP3 player a while ago and had a similar problem. Googled it and found out that if I went into the menu and did a factory reset, then on setup chose any region other than Europe, then the volume limit magically doubled.
Well-intentioned limits seemed to have been set too low.
 Tony & Sarah 25 Nov 2014
In reply to john arran:

correct.

Tony

P.S. aren't you suppose to be working ?
 john arran 25 Nov 2014
In reply to Tony & Sarah:

> P.S. aren't you supposed to be working ?

Thankfully the work here isn't hard enough to need to be still busy at 7 in the evening. On the other hand it's so dull here (Saudi, for anyone else who happens to be reading) that working in the evening is starting to sound like an attractive option!

</end thread hijack>
mick taylor 25 Nov 2014
In reply to zigzag:

Buy some Sennheiser headphones - get the best you can afford. Mine are in permanent use by my kids on ipad/pod/phone......
 Lurking Dave 26 Nov 2014
In reply to zigzag:

What you need.

One pair of Audio Technica ath-m50 + fiio e6 headphone amp.

Cheers
LD
 hamsforlegs 26 Nov 2014
In reply to Lurking Dave:
Can't speak to the specific headphones, but the idea of a getting decent quality closed back headphones and an affordable headphone amp is great.

This is almost guaranteed to fix the OP's issue, and you can just play your mp3s straight out of your computer, phone, whatever.
Post edited at 08:26

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...