UKC

Travel - Single tours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan M 23 Mar 2015
Can anyone suggest a company that offers travel tours for single travellers? (not single in the dating sense single in the lone traveller sense) Normally I go away with friends, family etc but this year that doesn't appear to be possible.

Looking for a tour for the late 20's to say 40 age group (I am in my early 30's). Lots of companies on the internet saying 18- 39 but when I have looked in to them further the trips I am interested in have so far been booked up or dominated by young i.e. 18-24 Australian backpackers.

So anyone got any suggestions? I have tried companies like Exodus but the guy on the phone said that their average age was 53 for the trips I have looked at!!

Any suggestions?

In the past I have at times visited places like Bosnia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Serbia etc on my own (I like to travel) this year I can't be arsed organising anything so just want to pay for a package.
 Mal Grey 23 Mar 2015
In reply to Alan M:

In my mid-late 30s I did 3 trekking trips with Explore (Morocco High Atlas and Jebel Sahro and Turkey Ala Dag) on my own, and was pretty much slap bang in the middle of the (wide!) age range. Youngest tended to be early-mid twenties, and we had a couple of 70+. The fact they were "proper" treks meant most folk were outdoory and all were basically nice people. Very enjoyable. I suspect it partially depends on the trip - the Turkey one had more days in civilization and was the youngest average, the Jebel Sahro was completely away from it all and a slightly higher average age.
OP Alan M 23 Mar 2015
In reply to Mal Grey:

Cheers, I will check Explore out.

It will be my first ever group tour. I travel quite a bit each year (last year 12 countries)usually with various friends though have visited places on my own and have always found like minded people to hang around with. Just feeling this year I want something different and think a group tour and no organisation would be a good way to meet similar people.

Don't get me wrong that group of 18-24 Australian backpackers sounds like a right laugh but over all I think we might be trying to get different things out of a holiday these days. I remember when I was early 20's holidays involved a lot of drink and partying hard. I can still party just as hard these days, but I need a few days off inbetween and the morning after is generally not a good place to be!!
cheers
 hamsforlegs 24 Mar 2015
In reply to Alan M:

What do you want to do? Trekking? Culture? Climbing? Hitting the tourist track at a major destination?

I've been guided on mountaineering, orienteering and kayaking holidays. The 50+ crowd who are doing that sort of thing are (to generalise) fit, worldly, intelligent and interesting. I would be more than happy to be part of an older group if the main activity appealed.

My girlfriend and I did a trip with Sea Kayak Milos - a circumnavigation of the island (Milos). Would be a joy as a lone traveller.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...