UKC

Wanting to climb not to work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mrdigitaljedi 17 Nov 2013
I dont no about any-1 else but i get the feeling of not wanting to go to work, but how else to pay for my trips to the hills and mountains, as usual after a good summer climbing the time has come for short days and long nights.

I find myself planning next years routs to the point of not concentrating at work, thus making mistakes, and all i want is to be back in the mountains not stuck in some warehouse.

Is any-1 else feeling the same as me................
 Timmd 17 Nov 2013
In reply to mrdigitaljedi: It's probably just a part of the human condition?

I guess You either have to find a job you enjoy enough to not have climbing distract you like it does, or find a job which is more connected with climbing?

Currently unemployed, I'm trying to end up doing something with pre school children, or working outdoors in a 'community engagement' capacity, or some other ranger-ish outdoor type job. Am trying to get onto a path where I can still be doing something outdoors/conservation related when my body is less young and robust.

I'm still only 33, but it pays to think ahead...
OP mrdigitaljedi 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Timmd: I do enjoy my job(i make off shore wind turbines), but i feel like being on a mountain after a summer of climbing than in the closed confines of the place i work.
 Timmd 17 Nov 2013
In reply to mrdigitaljedi: I dunno then. It's just part of being I guess, sorry. ()
ice.solo 17 Nov 2013
In reply to mrdigitaljedi:

Be careful.

A year or so after not working you will be wanting the opposite.
needvert 17 Nov 2013
In reply to mrdigitaljedi:

Am negotiating a notable amount of extra leave with my supervisor at the moment. Three months a year ought to give me enough time to do what I want.

I think I'll keep the day job. I've kind of become accustomed to not worrying about money.
OP mrdigitaljedi 19 Nov 2013
In reply to needvert: Wish my boss was so flexible tryin to get a week off is like pulling teeth without painkillers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...