UKC

is anybody going to the NEC Outdoor Show 2010?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jack1996 09 Jan 2010
thinking of going but wondered if its worth the money and any idea whats going to be there, went on the website there seems to be little info on it.
 rj_townsend 09 Jan 2010
In reply to jack1996: No, no, no. 2009 was a pitiful waste of time and money. Very few decent displays, and even fewer deals on the stands that were there. The show seems to have died a death, and them trying torun anpother in 2010 is definately a case of hope over experience.
 Sam_in_Leeds 09 Jan 2010
In reply to jack1996:

I went back in 2005 and felt ripped off having paid only £8 for the ticket.

It basically seemed to be full of outdoors shops trying to flog you stuff with teh added attraction of "live bouldering competition" and a few lectures.

The lectures were all full when I got there and watching someone else boulder is a bit like watching paint dry to me!

Maybe save the £12 or whatever it is it costs and actually go out climbing?

It was shit compared to stuff like MPH.
Paul F 09 Jan 2010
In reply to jack1996:

I get free tickets and the chance to catch up with a few friends :0)
 Blue Straggler 09 Jan 2010
In reply to jack1996:

I went last year and JUST ABOUT broke even, because I bought a few things (cheap rope and 3CUs from the DMM stand, and Venables' "First Ascent" for a tenner), and I enjoyed the finals of the Skymasters comp perhaps mainly because it was the first national-level climbing comp I'd attended.
I'd never been to the show before so can't compare it to previous years.

Without my "bargain" purchases and the Skymasters, I'd have felt short-changed, especially as it was a lovely sunny day - felt bad to be indoors (funny seeing people walking around in winter gear though!)

Doubt there will be much info yet; it's about 3 months away isn't it?
 clemo2k1 09 Jan 2010
In reply to jack1996: im going 9 quid for tickets because i went last year ang got a promotional email £7.50 to book a seat for leo houlding lecture is a bit steep though good day all the same

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...