UKC

Snapped peg on Weasels Rip My Flesh

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi guys,

Fell off just underneath the thread on weasels and unfortunately snapped the 2nd peg. It gave very little resistance as it broke and the lower peg is not really high enough to stop a ground fall!

Sorry guys - I'm trying not to make a habit out of destroying North Wales Classics...

Unsure what this would mean for the grade as I haven't been up again to checkout the situation with the remainder of the 2nd peg. whether its replaceable, or if there's any room for other gear... who knows.

In reply to AndrewJamesCherry:

Glad you are ok... just out of interest, did you tie the peg off (from memory this peg sticks out a lot) or did you just clip the peg's eye?

If you didn't tie it off, it might be worth learning that skill for the future...

Dunc
 AJM 07 Jul 2014

I don't recall - the first peg protects the low crux though does it? The second is between the big hold after the crux and the thread? If so there's a good small friend in there somewhere too so it probably won't make too much odds?
In reply to Duncan Campbell - UKC:

Yup, tied it off right where it met the rock with some thin dyneema - I've got the snapped bit here and it looks like it had just rusted thin

Well you can't say fairer than that! Glad you weren't hurt and I guess it goes to show these bits of rotting metal should never be trusted!

Dunc
In reply to Duncan Campbell - UKC:

true that! Certainly makes me question a few of the pegs I've trusted in the past :S

Cheers! Bit of a sore arse... but glad I had a helmet on!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...