UKC

5yr olds climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 flopsicle 19 Dec 2013
This is a bit of an update from here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=528407 (4 yr olds climbing). I had a mad keen 4 yr old then, now I have a just as keen 5yr old! I loved all the responses and stories of mini climbers around the country; the ones really loving it rather than hauled up from a top rope.

Last year munchkin was lonely just climbing with adults. She hadn't started the kids club at Notts, they had kindly agreed to let her in a yr early as they knew her and she's thrived since. She's palled up with another girl her age and most definitely not thinking it's a sport for boys any more! Thanks to some help from another member here she's seen real rock in the last year, and climbed it, I think it was a diff or v diff but can't remember, anyway it stretched her but she loved it. I hope by this time next year her ol' Mum will have started to get a few more outdoor skills so it isn't quite such a one off.

Any other updates or minis just starting out?

mwr72 19 Dec 2013
In reply to flopsicle:

I bought my munchkin her first harness at the weekend. At 2year1.5months she's still a bit young for the bigger walls at my local wall. For the time being though she'll have to make do with the 6' high wall in her bedroom(covered up when not in use obviously). The moment I get in from work she runs to meet me shouting "daddy, climb".
 zebidee 19 Dec 2013
In reply to flopsicle:

Taking my 3yr old this Saturday morning to GCC. One of my climbing partners takes his older (pre-teen) kids there so I want her to just experience the place. If she wants to scramble up the bouldering walls that'll be fine; if she doesn't then no worries.

Last thing I want to do is force her into it cause she's got a stubborn streak when she doesn't want to do something.
 Kassius 19 Dec 2013
In reply to flopsicle:

My lads 5 and regularly go's to notts climbing centre with me he loves it and has even made the top of the wall.
OP flopsicle 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Sempafi:

If you're there on a Sat for the kids club give us a wave, mine's the very tidgy blonde kid with the full body harness. I usually boulder while she does the club but nip round often to watch and then spot her bouldering after. She currently has an obsession with the big curvey overhang in the main bouldering room, if there's a on blonde tot on there it's much more likely than not to be us.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...