UKC

Kinder downfall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Porter 16 Jan 2009
Is there any guide/ info on the different routes availble I mean for winter stuff grades etc etc.

As in NOT wearing sticky rubber winter climbing, wearing sharp things instead.

Cheers

Mike.
 JDDD 16 Jan 2009
In reply to Mikey P: I think you have missed the boat fella. It was in top nick last week apparently. Very warm for the last 5 days so I would imagine it has all melted.
In reply to Jon Dittman: Thanks I'm sure I have missed 'the boat' if I were intending to do it this year but I havn't asked what condition it was in.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 16 Jan 2009
 JDDD 16 Jan 2009
In reply to Mikey P: I think it comes into condition so infrequently, that when it does, you just climb the lines available. If it looks too hard, you don't climb it.

A bit like back in the olden days when guidebooks didn't exist.
 Danzig 16 Jan 2009
In reply to Mikey P: About 3 routes to go at on the Downfall itself, if 'in condition' and only 1 if thin. 4th-10th it was in great nick and in those infrequent conditions we get these days, you can get some out-lying climbs in the rest of the left-amphitheatre area done aswell around gradeIII, the areas around Domino Wall and Professors Chimney hold some great short (8 to 12mtrs) ice-lines in those sort of conditions. Not sniffed around the right-hand side much when in-condition, but could be worth a look. The northern edge can be worth alook aswell, especially in the Eureka / Brothers' Butress areas (bit of a slog tho'.). Pray for colder weather all next week after the snows on sunday and monday!!!
Chris Tan Ver. LI - On the Bog 16 Jan 2009
In reply to Mikey P:

Forget the Downfall, Back Tor, Mam Tor and Besom Hill gives better sport!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...