UKC

Lake district winter conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rnotman67 11 Feb 2010
Does anyone know the winter conditions in the lakes at the moment. I want to sink my teeth into some winter action, if anyone knows any good ridge walks or easy gullys that would be great to try out.

Cheers,
Notters.
darbinotley 11 Feb 2010
In reply to rnotman67: last weekend, pretty much any gully line on the Helvellyn 'Massif' (as in mountain range, rather than music collective) appeared to be complete and climbable. Excellent gully conditions above Red Tarn on Sunday. However, I admit that I haven't been looking at the weather for the Lakes this week.
episodit 11 Feb 2010
In reply to all:

Anyone have any recent pics of Rossett Ghyll to Styhead Tarn or Scafell Pikes and Great Gable areas?
 jas wood 11 Feb 2010
In reply to episodit: did't look to be a lot of snow on gable today but scafell looked good and great end has fantastic conditions at the minute (today) with 1st time stick all the way :O) all classics being done.
 mux 12 Feb 2010
In reply to jas wood: What was the rock looking like ?
episodit 12 Feb 2010
In reply to jas wood:
> (In reply to episodit) did't look to be a lot of snow on gable today but scafell looked good and great end has fantastic conditions at the minute (today) with 1st time stick all the way :O) all classics being done.

Ta, was wondering whether to take tent and camp at Styhead or Sprinkling Tarns .. haven't been up Scafell area for years.
eggplant 12 Feb 2010
In reply to episodit: Went to Sca Fell Yesterday. Ourselves and several other parties were on Steep Gill. Met some people who did Deep Gill Integrale,
There were also some winter walkers in the area too.
 jas wood 12 Feb 2010
In reply to mux: Not suited to mixed as they didn't seem to be much hoar at all BUT that can change quickly with a bit of moisture ! plenty of usable ice around mind.
 LakesWinter 12 Feb 2010
In reply to Exile: So when people say all the classics in they clearly don't mean left hand groove!!!
 jas wood 13 Feb 2010
In reply to MattG: is that a classic ? (not bieng funny!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...