UKC

We need a conditions report page on here

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Maestro 06 Dec 2010
As the title says really.
There should be a page, perhaps linked to the logbooks, where people can add information about crag or route/problem current conditions.

I would imagine with my fairly limited website building knowledge this wouldn't be too hard to create but would be a very useful tool for anyone hoping to get out.

Is anything like this in the pipeline?
Thanks
M
 conorcussell 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Maestro: Was thinking this earlier, i assume you mean like the winter conditions page
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/winter.html

but for rock routes.

Even having a little latest climbs done bit on the page for each crag would do the trick.
OP Maestro 06 Dec 2010
In reply to conorcussell: Yeah basically just like the winter conditions thing really.

The conditions thread on UKB is good but i think if UKC had a system for this for rock routes it would be a much much better reference.
In reply to Maestro:

One problem is that there are 162,000 routes in our Logbook system, and 50,000 registered users. Assembling a conditions report in a single page that will keep everyone happy is not possible so we will probably do it on a crag-by-crag basis.

We are working on something for the next set of Logbook upgrades, it will be a while though before we get round to this. For the moment though I expect all you really need is the Winter Conditions page linked to above.

Alan
 conorcussell 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Yeh i understand that with rock routes it would be too big to be contained on one page.

It does work brilliantly with Winter Conditions and i am grateful for it.

Crag-by-Crag basis would be perfect, if somewhere on the logbook page for a crag it had 'latest routes climbed' it would be really helpful. Good to hear you are working on it.
OP Maestro 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Alan James - UKC: That sounds good. Thanks for the reply Alan.
 Mattyk 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Maestro: It would have been useful this last weekend to get an idea for where was dry.
 conorcussell 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Mattyk: Make a thread? Everyone can post where they have been climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...