UKC

NEWS: GB Bouldering Team 2012 Announced

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Oct 2011
Members of the new GB Bouldering Team at Teeside University, 5 kbhe GB Bouldering Team has been announced and already taken part in their first Team training session at the Sports and Exercise Department of Teeside University.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64582
 PeterJuggler 19 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: What was the purpose of the strength tests? To see where their weaknesses are? Because the university is using the data for some kind of study?
 ClimberEd 19 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Would be really interesting to get hold of the results of the tests. Anyone know how?

I posted something a while back asking for similar info from top climbers (just for personal interest)
 ClimberEd 19 Oct 2011
In reply to PeterJuggler:

To measure gains over time perhaps?! Almost every other sport does such testing
 RD 19 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:
In the article the most outstanding feature for me was the management team is nearly 50% of the actual climbers. Ok some roles are covered by team members but it does seem very top heavy!
 The Lemming 19 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Looks like they are intending on bumping-off the two in the front of the image.

I never realised how cut-throat bouldering had become.
 gingerwolf 19 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: I too would be interested in the results of those tests - of course, all anonomysed if required

would also be interested to know how its being used, and the rationale behind testing only the dominant hand for many tests??
 Dave Warburton 20 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:
> he GB Bouldering Team has been announced and already taken part in their first Team training session at the Sports and Exercise Department of Teeside University.
>
> Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64582

Teesside
 koalapie 21 Oct 2011
In reply to Dave Warburton: Looks like athlete 'profiling.' Really smart and positive move. That finger strength/endurance analyser looks pretty good, but is it combined with some sort of standardised score on a fingerboard or campus board? k

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...