UKC

Places to stay near Hope.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Microwired22 28 Feb 2012
Hi All,

Heading up to Hope in the peak this weekend and was wondering if there was anywhere to stay in or within walking distance of hope?

Thanks,
C
 David Hooper 28 Feb 2012
In reply to CragRat_Trad: YHAs at Hathersage and Castleton bit too far to walk. Prob B&Bs in Hope I would imagine.

PS Dont miss out on the Woodbine Cafe
OP Microwired22 28 Feb 2012
In reply to David Hooper: Thanks for that, not getting much luck on Google for b&b's in hope!

Could always get a taxi to hathersage/castleton though.
 Tom Hutton 28 Feb 2012
In reply to CragRat_Trad: Woodbine Cafe does decent value B&B. Also the Cheshire Cheese - Hope not Castleton - also does B&B (or did a few years ago).
In reply to Tom Hutton: Ahh, didn't think they did B&B.

Thank you very much!
 David Hooper 28 Feb 2012
In reply to Tom Hutton:

Hello Gimpy {{{WAVES}}}
 lowersharpnose 28 Feb 2012
In reply to Tom Hutton:

The Cheshire Cheese are keen on B&B.
In reply to lowersharpnose: Appears to be full for the Saturday unfortunately.
In reply to CragRat_Trad: Everywhere seems to be pretty full due to the MR reunion (which is why i'm going).
In reply to lowersharpnose: They have a school group so only camping available there too!
 lowersharpnose 28 Feb 2012
In reply to CragRat_Trad:

The Old Hall on the corner?
http://www.oldhallhotelhope.com/oldhallhope/index.html

No doubt full too.
 Tom Hutton 28 Feb 2012
In reply to CragRat_Trad: I may be stating the obvious but have you tried laterooms? Usually the quickest way to find if someone has space. .

It's not much help to you, but I've stayed in Hope B.C. -- didn't get a good nights sleep due to the proximity of the motel to the 2 main rail lines that run up the Frazer Valley. Those Canadian freight trains take for ever to go past- and you can hear the horns miles away! Our motel was not the closest to the rail tracks either. I pity the people who stayed in those ones!

What's more, the hammering sound of Blue Jays cracking hazelnuts open just after dawn on the roof of our motel (bungalow) room didn't help - particularly as we were trying to overcome jetlag after a 9 hour flight!
 MikeTS 28 Feb 2012
> Hi All,
>
>within walking distance of hope?

Despair?
In reply to MikeTS: Not following?
 Ramblin dave 28 Feb 2012
Camp at that place opposite the station? They'll probably give you funny looks for not being an OAP, but it's within walking distance.
In reply to Ramblin dave: Could do, however the miss' is coming over for the Saturday night..not sure she'd be best pleased having to rough it.
 Tom Hutton 28 Feb 2012
In reply to CragRat_Trad: According to Laterooms, Castleton House, Castleton has space...
 valentinesbabe 28 Feb 2012
If you're okay with camping then Hardhurst farm is great, just outside of Hope.
Ange
 MikeTS 28 Feb 2012
> (In reply to MikeTS) Not following?

Hope <> Despair

????

In reply to MikeTS: Ohh i see, sorry, pretty slow there!

Managed to sort something now, thanks guys!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...