Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Pre-surgery anxiety

Taurig - on 27 Apr 2012
Without wanting to divulge too much personal information, I'm going on for a minor operation under general anesthetic next week. It's apparently straightforward, takes 20 mins and I do need it done, but knowing this isn't stopping me bricking my pants. :(

I've tried telling myself that there are a lot worse things that I could be facing (called up for service in World War II, Vietnam, needing open heart surgery and living in Syria for example), which helps for a bit, but then out of nowhere I'll think about it and get a stab of panic right in the gut. I actually couldn't tell you what I'm nervous about, but just being in a hospital for any reason makes me pretty tense. It's still a few days off and I'm sitting here in work unable to take my mind off it and focus.

Pretty much just wanted to vent, but any advice or thoughts from the UKC collective would be much appreciated.

Cheers
... not showing 53 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums