ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Projecting - how far can i go?

OliBangbala - on 29 Apr 2012
SO, im heading out to Spain for 2 weeks at the end of may for my first trip abroad sport climbing, I generally climb at around V4-V5 & 6a+ - 6b mark with my best indoor ascent being 6b+, however i generally prefer bouldering and trad so i havent much experience of sport climbing outside.

I really really want to get a 'trophy' ascent out of this trip and wondered if with enough training and projecting whilst there if it would be unreasonable to aim for a redpoint 7a?? bearing in mind i haven't even touched 6c or 6c+ territory yet..

I don't mind if i have my head in the clouds with this and would actually be very happy with a 6c but i want to have some good aims which will really push me whilst there.

training wise I will probably have 2 nights at the wall and around 4 sessions pumping myself out traversing the local bendcreate boulder plus fingernboarding, running and push/pull ups.

any suggestions regarding training etc would also be much appreciated.

thanks
Oli x
... not showing 30 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums