Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC fit club 285

Daniel Heath - on 02 Sep 2012
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (284) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=517693&v=1
Posters:
Eagle River - Sorry to hear mate, take it easy
Leon – I may well have been spouting tired induced rubbish. I would agree with Si’s definition though. Maybe I mantle makes big use of palming. Well done getting on Telli, glad you got a positive experience from it.
Grubes – Congrats again mate. It’s good how it feels easy when you have it wired.
Si_dH – Good chin up score and so close to 100! I only got 70 when I was trying last summer. Good week.
NMN – That’s a worthy 10k goal, good luck.
Maria85 – That must be quite upsetting. Glad you feel better now. About the falls, just go for it and don’t say take! :P
IainRUK – Good week
Mrchewey – I like how much you’re climbing at the moment
Biscuit – Well done for keeping up with the body fat even when you don’t feel like it. So fat scales are not necessarily accurate but they are consistent? Which ones would you recommend/how much to spend?
Joughton – Well done on your indoor performance. I toproped arme blance badly when I started climbing. It’s useful to know how rubbish the cam is, so I guess mats is the way… Huge congrats on Supersonic, as you say a genuinely serious route.
Mattrm – Finger strength should be fairly straightforward to improve. I intend to put a few weeks of deadhangs in myself in a month or so.
Sankey – I can understand your lack of inspiration for Peak Sport up to 7a. Maybe it would be worth your while to project some stuff at Chee Dale?
Ian Bell – Better get that lactic threshold up for Kalymnos! 3.5 weeks sound perfect for some quick improvements.
Kevster – Well noticed! It’s easier to see what people have logged than read 8 different threads. Well done on your ticks this week.
Ali – Well done getting on lead, now keep going for it but don’t be put off by a couple of bad days.
Pebbles – Busy week. A confident attitude makes a huge difference in sport climbing.
JimmyKay – You have so much motivation for training. Good luck preparing for Turkey.
Hokkyokusei – Another one for weight loss, at least we have Biscuit’s example of the discipline required over a long time. Good luck.
Ayuplass – Shame about your post illness lack of energy. Hopefully you can get plenty of climbing in (even just light climbing). Then I’m sure routes and then circuits would make a difference in 5 weeks.
Richard Popp – Nice to see you’re making the most of the training you can do.
... not showing 66 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums