UKC

myofacial release and rollers etc for recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andic 26 Jun 2013
I've been reading a bit about using foam rollers and various other implements to massage knots and trigger points out and to avoid John Wayne gait for days after a big exercise blow out.

Any one care to comment? I just got hold of a trigger point roller and found using it quite invigorating I'll have to wait till tomorrow or the day after to see if it has done any good
In reply to andic: I've used a towel gaffa taped to a rolling pin which is very effective but you can't beat a good old pummeling from a sports massuse!
 koalapie 20 Jul 2013
In reply to andic: Very good and much cheaper than a massage therapist! Potentially primarily acts through central mechanisms.
 JezH 20 Jul 2013
In reply to andic: It's the way forward. I use a foam roller and a tennis ball about once a week and feel much better for it.
andic 20 Jul 2013
In reply to JezH:

Well its been a couple of weeks now and I think I am seeing benefits mainly wrt muscle soreness and recovery
Flat4matt 20 Jul 2013
In reply to andic:

Ive got a couple of rollers of different hardnesses???!! And find them to be a god send. Haing had knee problem for three years this is my remedy! Flatten out the tigh spots and im away no trouble!! Definatley reccomend. Also the balls are good for under feet and to sort out tight glutes by sitting on one side at a time.
 lost1977 20 Jul 2013
In reply to andic:

i remember when i mentioned foam rollers several years back on this forum and people thought i was crazy and generally dismissive of the whole idea, looks like times are changing (i generally avoid mentioning anything to do with training on this forum now if it goes against the accepted ideas on here)
andic 20 Jul 2013
In reply to lost1977:

Shame that; what you do impart I have always found useful art weight training at least
In reply to andic:

I use a frozen water bottle as a roller at the moment. I'm having problems with bicep tendonitis and i find a good roll out plus the ice helps.
In reply to lost1977:
> (In reply to andic)
>
> i remember when i mentioned foam rollers several years back on this forum and people thought i was crazy and generally dismissive of the whole idea, looks like times are changing (i generally avoid mentioning anything to do with training on this forum now if it goes against the accepted ideas on here)

Please don't think like that. I like listening to peoples results and what's worked for them.

nw 28 Jul 2013
In reply to Sebastian Fontleroy:
Nicking this.
In reply to nw:

You're welcome.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...