ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Llechog ridge followed by Eastern Terrace scramble talk

BStar - on 06 Aug 2013
Not sure whether this would be hill talk or rock talk but anyway...

I'm off up to North Wales for a few days and I wanted to tick off a couple of scrambles that I've not done but more importantly I want the Mrs to get a bit more scrambling under her belt. I want to do Llechog ridge followed by Eastern Terrace as the title indicates.

While my Easy climbs and Scrambles book tells me that they are grade 2 and 1 scrambles respectively, looking at Eastern Terrace here on UKC is appears to have been graded a Mod climb.

Normally I wouldn’t rope up for a grade 1 scramble but a Mod climb, to me, would indicate that it is approaching a grade 3 scramble, something a little more serious. That's a bit of a difference from the book grade 1 suggesting. Does anyone know if this scramble protectable, especially in the initial part where apparently it is harder? Does is get greasy when wet? Or is it as simple as it says in the book?

Cheers
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums