UKC

Best Limestone Spot for Beginners?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Harpyyy 16 Aug 2013
I have the Peak District Bouldering Guide and i was wondering what would be the best spot for beginners to limestone bouldering, near to Macclesfield? Ideally relatively safe as we don't yet have a mat and are relying on spotting. Thanks for any help or advice.
 Offwidth 16 Aug 2013
In reply to GuyVG: Great venue but hardly close, or typical of the rock type being dolomitic limestone. There must be some more suitable stuff around Buxton?
 Wft 16 Aug 2013
In reply to Offwidth: i'll admit I just read 'limestone' and 'beginners', I would have loved for someone to have pointed me in that direction when I was starting out
 Offwidth 16 Aug 2013
In reply to Harpyyy:

My High Over Buxton Guide (good luck finding one!) gives the following venues south and east of Buxton, going round anticlockwise from the most westerly:

Thomas's Crag- small
Grinlow in the Woods -small
Grinlow Hill (Solomon's Temple): lots of good lower grade stuff and stuff for kids
Grinlow Over the Road- small
High Edge - plenty high and bad landings in places
Sherbrook- small
Earl Sterndale Layby - small
Lover's leap- small
Staden Low - plenty with flat landings
The Layby (A6)- small
Deepdale - small
Cunningdale -small

Ive not been to any so can't talk of the quality or current access situation but someone here might know.
 tim000 16 Aug 2013
In reply to Harpyyy: let me know if you need a partner. im in northwich and have car and mat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...