UKC

Loads Of Low-Grade New Routes Climbed In The North York Moors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Franco Cookson 14 Nov 2013
The Cleveland MC have had their annual dinner this weekend, which has resulted in a load of new-routing action down on the coast.

The Smuggler's Terrace has seen most of the focus with a good wodge of routes between Severe and E3 being climbed, many of them with stars, and by a lot of different people (some nearly 80 years old).

There aren't many photos available at the moment, but it seems that some other people, not members of the CMC, have also been out.

Smuggler's is of course home to the classic lines of 'The Tormented Sole' (E7 6b***) and 'Psychosis' (E5 6a***), but there is loads more to do down there at lower grades, so get out and have an explore! Nip into Stoupe Brow as well if you pop by.

More details can be found here:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=17376

Offwidth 14 Nov 2013
In reply to Franco Cookson: loving your definition of low grade.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 22 Nov 2013
In reply to Franco Cookson:

I see Chris Woodall has added a new route here. Chris introduced me to rock climbing in 1974. It is great to see he is still active, I would really like to see his log book on here.

In reply to Steve Crowe:

I wasn't aware of that. Chris has introduced a lot of people to climbing it seems - long may he continue! He certainly seems to have done a lot.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Franco Cookson:

Chris took me up to Kern Knots crag where I climbed (seconded) my first VS and HVS while on a school trip based at Derwent Hill.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...