UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 19 Jan 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (2) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=575114

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

BenJ85 - Not a good week, eating loads 'cos ill.
Fatclimber - Good week, maybe lost 1.4kg. Well done!
browndog33 - Reduced pie consumption. Nice.
Ciderslider - Alcohol free week (wish I could say the same). Man flu so ate lots though.
Exile - up and down week.
AndrewW - Returned to type; at least no weight put on.
Alun - New member (welcome). Lost over a kilo since start of year. Looking to lose around another 6kg.
L Dick, Still a Fat B - 1 kg more this week, but did manage a good few days.
VS4b - Lost 5lb - excellent!
Choss - cutting out the daemon alcohol (mostly), and trying to kick the ciggies. Let's hope both go well.
cfer - Down 1.5 kg - another well done!
waterbaby - Possibly insane.

Apologies for anyone missed out.
 Exile 19 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Up and down again, 11st 9lb this morning

Alun 19 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Thanks for organising again.

Had a bit of alcohol this week but not much, two glasses of red wine on thursday, two beers yesterday. Zero chocolate or cake or biscuits. Delighted to see that yesterday and today I weighed in at (just) under 75kg for the first time in many years. That means I've lost nearly 3kg in as many weeks. Want to get below 74kg by end of Jan, and then push for 70.

Andy Gamisou 19 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Slightly better week, but only slightly. Still too much alcohol.
Start weight 11st 6lb, end weight 11st 5lb.
 Ciderslider 19 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

A week of two halves - Mon total fast - nothing apart from black coffee and water - later on in the week really bad food week (all manner of junk) still no alcohol though - not a single drop - and to be honest I don't really miss it. Might be a different story if I had climbed outside.
Don't think I've lost or gained still about 11 and 3/4 stone - so not bad - bouldering well so all good
 Choss 19 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:
No grog since Monday, will allow Myself a cheeky beer tonight. Have felt much Better for this all week, including smoked a bit less.

Sadly, this has led to Eating more so still a 14 and half stone punter with a 36 inch waist. This was Nowhere more evident than today when i failed Badly on routes i used to Flash when 20 years younger, only 10 stone, with a 28 inch waist

still, my excuse they are all well stiff for the Grade with Ferociously overhanging starts

Next weeks aims - stick to my 1 mini keg a fortnight goal, and try not to Replace the booze with food. And try and Climb something, anything.
Post edited at 17:06
 VS4b 20 Jan 2014
In reply to Choss:

Good week here, calorie limits seemed pretty generous key is not eating between meals. Cycled 120 miles so pretty good week. Work means I'm going to struggle to hit 100 next week though.

Lost another three pounds - now 262 down from 270 2weeks ago.

In reply to AndrewW:

Pretty good week really.
Much less alcohol than usual.
Fingers starting to wake up and can now pull on some of the smaller holds at the wall, though I need to crimp rather than open hand. Already climbing harder than 2 weeks ago.
wt is slowly coming off 14s 8 ( down 3 pounds from start)
This is due to not having a large bowl of cereal ( porridge instead)
reducing the alcohol, which then automatically reduces the nibbles.
Shoulders seem to be sore all the time, even after 3 days rest.
I guess they are in shock at the moment.
Though I am aware that any injury will probably kill off this whole plan.
PIP joints also a bit sore, I guess thats the crimping.

Thank you for this forum, it does help.
 Fatclimber 20 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

A so so week for me. Lost half a kilo during the week, it would have been more, but I had a heavy weekend.

On the plus side,

I have eaten all the Christmas cheese.
I have eaten all the Christmas cake.
I only drank on one day and that was planned a long time ahead.
I have increased the amount of fruit I have eaten.
I have exercised everyday.
My fast day was a bit more successful, as I didn't eat so much the next day, but still probably too much.

Plan for this week is to keep exercising, watch for too much snacking and again on drink on one day.
 waterbaby 21 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

I'm not going near the scales this week, despite getting in the exercise last week. It's my birthday and I had cake at the weekend. I have curry for dinner and someone bought me choccies! Bugger!

Must try harder
 SteveoS 21 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Actively trying to cut out sugary things, but eating more fruit. Sugar intake is probably more now.
 Ava Adore 21 Jan 2014
In reply to waterbaby:

Happy birthday twinnie
 waterbaby 22 Jan 2014
In reply to Ava Adore:

Thank you. I know for a fact you had cake with candles

BenJ85 22 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Better week this week, down 3.5lbs.

In an effort to beat this for my upcoming wedding my other half has given up carbs completely for the remaining 9 weeks. I would starve to death if I gave up carbs entirely so have joined her for evening meals only.

Activity wise, new gym programme and 1 climbing session. B-, must try harder!
 Jerry67 22 Jan 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Have lost three kilos since start of the month. Tending to have soup for lunch, then a proper meal in the evening. Certainly trying to cut back on the booze, with some success. Now weigh 91 kilos, would like to get down to 85. We'll see.
Jerry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...