UKC

NEWS: FRi NIGHT VID: Dani Arnold Speed Solos Crack Baby (WI6)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Apr 2014
Dani Arnold speed soloing Crack Baby (WI6), 3 kbIn this week's Friday Night Vid Swiss climber Dani Arnold solos the 8 pitch Kandersteg Ice test-piece of Crack Baby (WI6) in just 27 minutes and 13 seconds...! Gulp!

Dani is the chap who speed soloed the Eiger in record time and did a couple of routes in Scotland... He's pretty handy!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68835

Mr Lopez 04 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Video edited by an ADHD monkey with an attention span of 10ms. A shame since it looked like there was some good footage.
 TobyA 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Sort of, but I was editing some video of myself ice climbing recently and came to the conclusion that a) watching ice climbing normally is pretty boring; but b) watching ice climbing at double normal speed and with some silly music as a backing track is inherently funny. Hence I like the long shot of him at the end doing the entire route sped up super fast!
 Mr Lopez 04 Apr 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Yeah, but us punters take 27 minutes to climb a 20m route. This guy did 350m in that time, which still makes it nearly 10x faster than your double normal speed vid

Surely there's got to be more than 2 second snips worth watching
 digby 04 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Have to agree. Terrible editing ruins what would be a fascinating film. Worthless.
 TobyA 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Mr Lopez:

> Yeah, but us punters take 27 minutes to climb a 20m route. This guy did 350m in that time, which still makes it nearly 10x faster than your double normal speed vid

Tru' dat cuz.

Actually it was about 5 minutes to climb 20 mtrs. vimeo.com/89542002 So if Crack Baby was WI2/3 instead of 6, I could have maybe done the first pitch by the time Dani was topping out of pitch 8.
 edinburgh_man 05 Apr 2014
In reply to Mr Lopez:

I agree, would have really like to watch perhaps the whole thing distiller into 10 mins or so.

ChrisJD 06 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Well I liked it!
 Red Rover 06 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC News:
Is this the same music form Distilled?

youtube.com/watch?v=YJIOLiWfNhw&
Post edited at 18:11
 TonyG 06 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Unless I was missing something, this was a commercial for Mammut, in which case the length of the video seems about right... I haven't seen many commercials much longer than that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...