UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 24

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 15 Jun 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (23) thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=589225

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

Sleepy_trucker - 1 lb up and getting disco leg.
Fatclimber - Found the scales - yay! Up a bit. Tough luck with the bad back. They're buggers aren't they.
AndrewW - Weight stable.
waterbaby - Bowing out for the moment. It was fun whilst it lasted
practicallypixie - Down a bit, but maybe due to a spot of illness.
Dick, Still a Fat B - Great that the dog is helping, and that a whole new wardrobe is opening up.
VS4b - Weight still stable.

Have a good week we few, we happy few, we band of brothers (and sisters).
 Fatclimber 16 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Due to bad back I have done no exercise this week. Due to work and family commitments I have been out to dinner lots and also drunk lots. I have lost a Kilo - go figure.
In reply to AndrewW:

Stable. But did a good few hours of mountain biking on Sat, and ran 5 miles on Sun (which, for me, is good going!).

Moved onto the 5:2 diet...will let you know how I fare...
 Sleepy_trucker 16 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Hmmm, the good news first; I'm down 2 lbs (god knows how!) and just 1lb 2oz above my target!

The bad news is that I finally cracked and can no longer say I'm smoke free, I've not been having a good time of it for a while now and found myself getting more and more agitated - which, in part, led to a hefty speeding fine and the realisation I needed to do something about my stress levels (bearing in mind I spend most of my life in charge of a bloody great truck)so, a very considered decision but not good whichever way you look at it, I'll sort that once my car troubles are over.
Andy Gamisou 16 Jun 2014
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:

Bummer regards the ciggies.
 Sleepy_trucker 16 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

It is but it's definitely helped, just a set-back as far as I'm concerned though, I'll be back on the right path asap
Andy Gamisou 16 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:
Weight at SOW: 11st 5lb.
Weight at EOW: 11st 5lb.

Average calories per day: 1750.
Of these, an appaling 310 per day from alcohol (way way way too many).

Should be better this week as I'm planning to get out climbing 3 times and rarely drink before a climbing day.

Actually, if it wasn't for climbing I'd probably be a total alky. As opposed to a partial one.
In reply to AndrewW:

Actually, if it wasn't for climbing I'd probably be a total alky. As opposed to a partial one.

I can relate to that, the wine bottles just seem to open themselves sometimes.

13 10. Which is good because I have been a bit lapse this week

Getting out climbing 2 or 3 times , and it's going quite well , though doing my target route on holiday in 5 weeks is starting to look a bit optimistic. If I could drop half a stone and improve my endurance it still might be on.

Thanks

Sleepy T. Have you tried nicotine inhalators or even e cigs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...