UKC

Quick drying multipitch - Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello UKC,

Heading up to the Lakes this bank holiday and the weather looks like it's going to be unsettled - anybody recommend some quick drying multipitch venues?

Thanks
S
 GPN 28 Apr 2015
In reply to Samuel Wainwright:
Obviously it depends on what the wind's doing, but most of the Langdale crags dry quickly, especially Raven Crag, Gimmer and White Gill. Shepherds crag in Borrowdale is another popular choice on showery days, although not all the routes are that exposed to the wind. Wallowbarrow Crag in the Duddon Valley is a good choice, as it dries quickly and that corner of the Lakes tends to be a bit drier anyway. The Gable crags are also fast drying, although given the current weather it may be a bit on the chilly side up there!

George.
Post edited at 11:08
 Lord_ash2000 28 Apr 2015

It's worth noting that there is currently a light dusting of snow on most of the hills in the North lakes at least, down to (at a total guess looking out of my window) 400-500m so I'd avoid anything to high up.
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

Thanks for that - I did see the forecast was for squally showers but wasn't expecting it to stick. Perhaps I'll throw the skis in then as well?

S
 Skyfall 28 Apr 2015

The south crag of Castle Rock (of Triermain) is south facing and quite exposed so dries very quickly and has a lovely set of routes from around V Diff up to E1'ish.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=443

The warnings of rockfall are around the north side of the crag which is easily avoided.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...