UKC

NEWS: 1 Million Visits for UKC in March 2016

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Apr 2016
SimilarWeb Rankings for UKC taken in April 2016, 2 kbUKC traffic has reached a record 1 million visits for the month of March.

All the staff at UKC would like to say a huge thank you to YOU, the users of the site for your continued input on the forums, logbooks and photo galleries and for making the site a fantastic resource and community for climbers in the UK and abroad.

Read more

alx 22 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I knew nothing good would come of that Bear Grylls thread
 CurlyStevo 22 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:
Are UKC going to do a 20 year anniversary celebration event of some kind?
Post edited at 18:18
In reply to UKC News:

Well done! To infinity and beyond...

T.
 Shani 22 Apr 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:
> Are UKC going to do a 20 year anniversary celebration event of some kind?

They should publish the BANNED list and a list of all accounts DORMANT for a year or more. Both would make interesting reading!

Post edited at 21:27
 bouldery bits 22 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I'd like to thank the UKC team for providing such a great site. It's brilliant. Keep up the god work!

Greasy Prusiks 22 Apr 2016
In reply to bouldery bits:
Yep me too. Don't want to go all soppy but climbings had a huge impact on my life and the articles and threads on UKC have only ever encouraged that. Thanks people!
Post edited at 22:13
 snoop6060 22 Apr 2016

> It's brilliant. Keep up the god work!

Not sure it's quite that good

john arran 22 Apr 2016

> Keep up the god work!

I must have missed those articles. Maybe they're on the UKConvent.com 'sister'site?
In reply to john arran:

All very odd but nice to know, because the forums, at least, have been very subdued.
 FactorXXX 22 Apr 2016
In reply to john arran:

I must have missed those articles. Maybe they're on the UKConvent.com 'sister'site?

I'm a regular visitor to UKConvent.com. In fact, you could say it's become a bit of a habit...

MB42 24 Apr 2016
In reply to FactorXXX:

> I must have missed those articles. Maybe they're on the UKConvent.com 'sister'site?

> I'm a regular visitor to UKConvent.com. In fact, you could say it's become a bit of a habit...

Is that a superior site to UKC?
 BnB 24 Apr 2016
In reply to MB42:

> Is that a superior site to UKC?

Nun better
 FactorXXX 24 Apr 2016
In reply to MB42:

Is that a superior site to UKC?

Nah, UKC is still the mother of all websites...
 planetmarshall 24 Apr 2016
In reply to MB42:

> Is that a superior site to UKC?

That would be an ecumenical matter.
 winhill 24 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

As the most prolific posters are Bots, is this measuring an Attack of the Droids?

Top 40 Posters from 17/Apr/16 to 24/Apr/16

1 + kuvglf374 414
2 + cfo6153 209
3 + MG 81
4 + xivxqdf3657 74
5 + efo6153 57
 simes303 25 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

UK Hillwalking is at the bottom though.
Probably because walking is so tedious.
 Phil79 25 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Has anyone emailed a link to 8a.nu yet? Jens will have a fit...
 stp 25 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Good job and well deserved. Can't think of a better climbing site. I think the numbers would be even higher if it weren't for the haters in the forums putting people off.

The only small criticism I would make is that the news is sometimes a bit slow. For instance the report from the weekend's comp is not yet up. Some sites would have a report within an hour or so. News travels fast on the web so leaving it can make it seem a little redundant by the time its out as anyone interested will probably have heard it elsewhere first. Doubtless everyone is out climbing so a bit of slack reporting is understandable and nice to know the site is run by keen climbers.

Still doing a great job and made even better by the site changes last year.
 inboard 25 Apr 2016
In reply to john arran:

Birdie NunNun is one of the most prolific posters over there...
In reply to Phil79:

> Has anyone emailed a link to 8a.nu yet? Jens will have a fit...

Jens has been in touch, congratulated us and linked his Google Analytics figures to SimilarWeb making them more accurate (and increasing his figures a bit). This is great and we are hoping other sites will do the same although SimilarWeb has proved to be pretty accurate in its estimates as we found when we linked ours to Google Analytics.

Alan
In reply to stp:

Thanks Steve

The comps do all fall at weekends when we tend to be on 'low' staff. Also, Natalie moving house and various other things have meant that this weekend's comp has not got sorted yet. Charlie Boscoe, the commentator, has been sending us reports when he can but that also depends on his travel.

However, you are right in that we should try and get the reports up on a Monday morning where possible.

Alan
In reply to winhill:

I've fixed the Top 40 page to reflect the actual figures: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/top40.html

We had a blip in SPAM traffic the other weekend with an unusually high post count from a few new accounts. The speed at which the mods remove SPAM and the extra checks I've put in place on account registration seems to have put them off repeat offending (for now).

Regarding them increasing the figures. The vast majority of BOTs don't run (client side) JavaScript code so Analytics tracking code doesn't count anything for them. We track the non-browser traffic separately and that's about 300k/month on UKC which is mostly just search engines indexing pages.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...